Benefits Specialist at Q2
Q2 Software seeks a Benefits Specialist who will have shared responsibility for administration and daily operations of domestic and global benefit programs, which include medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, FSA plans, HSA accounts, wellness programs and the 401(k) plan. This individual will work closely with the Human Resources team and all other departments within the organization on benefit issues and will assist subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The Benefits Specialist will also be expected to make judgments and take actions that may set precedents as well as evaluate and make recommendations for major changes in the organization’s programs.
- Serve as first level of support for benefit administration activities to ensure accuracy and compliance with laws, policies and procedures
- Provide first level support for internal and external employees and team members via phone and email and providing excellent customer service
- Coordinate Leave of Absence Program (i.e. FMLA, Disability, etc.) between outsourced administrator, Human Resources and the Payroll team
- Perform a variety of benefits administration tasks and identify areas for improvement and bring to the attention of management
- Audit and process monthly vendor billing tasks
- Perform ongoing audits to verify integrity of data in benefit system with carriers
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Coordinate new hire benefits orientation and wellness activities
- Maintain benefit records and documents. Prepare new hire/term benefits packages and other employee benefits communications
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Collect and verify documentation of all qualifying events
- Provide support regarding new legislation/regulations and the implementation as it applies to the company’s welfare plans
- Conduct training sessions related to benefit plans, i.e. new hire enrollment, open enrollment, retiree insurance presentations
- Prepare a variety of reports and review system specifications and data interfaces to identify irregularities and troubleshoot issues
- Focus on initiatives to automate and streamline system analysis, data integration and reporting capabilities
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Human Resources or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a Benefits role
- One or more certifications such as Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, including, but not limited to, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Workers Compensation, ACA, Medicare, Social Security and DOL requirements
- Project and time management skills, with the ability to deal with fluctuating workload
- Strong knowledge of MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Workday knowledge a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- High attention to detail, along with accuracy in maintaining records and files is essential
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and successfully multitask
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of employees