Benefits Specialist at A Cloud Guru
EMPATHETIC | CREATIVE | COLLABORATIVE
As our Benefits Specialist at A Cloud Guru, you’ll be an integral member of our global People & Culture team and will be responsible for administration of our benefits, wellness and perks programs. The role will assist ACG employees with benefits enrollment and questions, verify insurance billing, maintain enrollment activities in HR Systems, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. The role reports to the Head of People Operations, and works closely with the Head of Total Rewards to ensure that employee support and services are aligned with the People & Culture strategy and enhance our incredible people-first culture.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to help businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. Every department fuels this awesomeness, because we know that the way we treat each other internally reflects outside of our walls.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.What makes the People & Culture team awesome...
We have pulled together the most empathetic, down-to-earth, “people people” across the globe to create a dream team of culture creators. This isn’t a job for us, it’s a passion. We care about making people's lives a better place, and we get the chance to do that daily in our own unique ways. Our people teams make sure the quirky and awesome culture that we’ve created never dies by providing the training, experiences, and processes that help people thrive.
The type of person that is successful at ACG is someone who can adapt to a fast paced atmosphere and is enthusiastic and passionate. Someone who loves to laugh and have fun while creating amazing experiences and making people smile - Tina, Hat Guru (And Employee Experience Lead)As a Benefits Specialist at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Assist Head of Total Rewards in compiling data and supporting the annual renewal and open enrollment process.
- Raise awareness of, and access to, global benefits and wellness programs, even beyond scope of what ACG offers (e.g., global regulatory leave programs, retirement, health insurance programs); keep apprised of global competitive benefit offerings to recommend enhancements.
- Assist with ad-hoc global projects and other tasks as necessary, in support of People & Culture strategic initiatives to help the organization scale, nurture our culture and open doors to rewarding career opportunities.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Administer various employee US benefits programs, such as medical, dental and vision, HRA, HSA and FSA, life, disability, 401(k), COBRA, wellness and perks benefits.
- Conduct benefits orientations for newly eligible employees; explain and support self-service benefits enrollment and functionality in UltiPro HRIS.
- Maintain employee benefits records, ensure benefits changes are processed and approved appropriately; ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Coordinate with external brokers, leveraging broker-provided employee support resources to ensure access to knowledgeable support for all employee coverage inquiries and escalations.
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Extensive knowledge of US employee benefits and applicable laws and compliance requirements
- 2+ years of benefits administration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven customer service skills, with a passion for cultivating our culture with a people-first approach
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly to build trust with stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to thrive as a self-starter in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with GSuite, with strong Excel and data analysis skills
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.