Compensation & Benefits Analyst at Personify, Inc.
For over 20 years, Personify has served as the technology foundation that empowers nonprofit organizations to better engage their constituents, maximize revenue and optimize operations.
Nearly 25 percent of the US population interacts with Personify through their involvement in nonprofit organizations. As the market leading Constituent Management & Engagement (CME) platform, we serve modern nonprofits by seamlessly managing information and interactions on a single platform, extending their power to connect to their constituents.
We offer end-to-end solutions for organizations of all sizes from large associations to charities, YMCAs, JCCs and nonprofits that are just getting started. A third of our clients use more than one Personify product, whether they’re managing a national organization, a state or local chapter or developing an online community for a group of members.
We are committed to creating a world where people spend more time pursuing their passions and less time managing their technology.
Job Description:Compensation & Benefits Analyst
Personify has an amazing opportunity for a bright, energetic Human Resources professional to join our team within a fast-growing software company. This position will report into the Global VP, People Operations and play a key role on the People Operations team. The Compensation & Benefits Analyst will develop and administer various programs related to employee benefits including 401(k) and compensation. The successful candidate will be experienced in benefits administration, compensation programs, vendor management, open enrollment, HR system solutions and related compliance requirements.
This position will reside at Personify’s headquarters in Austin, Texas.
- Administer employee benefit programs, including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, and 401(k)
- Assist in the planning, developing and redesigning of company benefit programs and analyzing benefit cost
- Develop, implement and administer benefits policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements
- Fulfill structure and reporting requirements of all relevant federal, state and local regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Advise employees on existing benefits, including addressing benefit related issues regarding enrollment, coverage, claims and terminations
- Oversee the processing of all documents necessary for implementation of various benefit programs and maintenance of records as required for compliance with ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, PPACA and other applicable regulations
- Oversee process, completion and filing of PPACA, 5500 or other compliance related forms with the DOL/IRS in a timely manner
- Manage projects, including benefits open enrollment, audits and compliance reporting
- Administer 401(k) plan contributions by reconciling employee data, determining coverage and eligibility, allocating matching and other employee contributions
- Review 401(k) contribution testing, including nondiscrimination, tax deductible limits and maximum individual allocation amounts
- Manage all benefits related monthly invoices, ensuring ongoing audits of all billing are accurate on a monthly basis
- Works with brokers and vendors for daily management of the benefit programs in addition to oversight and management of benefits and compensation systems as well as carrier system feeds and data transfer
- Develops (in conjunction with the VP-HR), implements and administers annual compensation processes including merit and bonus plans
- Reviews and facilitates approval of proposed salary and incentive adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices and coordinates with Payroll for implementation
- Reviews requests for new/revised jobs or classifications to determine appropriate alignment within the company
- Participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Required Skills / Experience
Adaptable – must adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment
Team Oriented – able to work independently, and collaborate as part of a team
Proactive – highly motivated self-starter and intellectually curious with a tendency towards action
Confidentiality – ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Market Research – ability to gather intelligence regarding specific products and services and interpret it for the purpose of business decisions
Data Analysis – ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, analyze information, identify implications of data, draw conclusions, generate alternatives and solutions and evaluate the consequences of choosing each alternative using metrics and data
Tools & Systems – proficiency in Microsoft Office, (in particular, Excel), HRIS systems, with demonstrated ability to improve processes via automation and end-to-end efficiencies
Qualifications – Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent experience
Experience – 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in benefits administration, including substantial knowledge of health, welfare and 401(k) plans and in compensation. Experience in multi-site/dispersed employee base and/or international compensation and benefits management a plus. Progress toward compensation and/or benefits certifications also a plus (e.g., CCPCBP, CEBS)