Compensation Manager at Kendra Scott
We have an exciting opportunity to support the Total Rewards Team with a focus on Compensation Management located at our Home Office in Austin, TX. Reporting to our Vice President of Total Rewards and Home Office HR, our Compensation Manager will evolve our compensation program with new compensation design, lead our compensation and payroll teams, and develop strong cross functional relationships across the business as a part of this dynamic position.
• Oversees the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned compensation programs across various levels of the organization including executive, corporate, field management, field hourly, wholesale, etc.
• In collaboration with the Head of Total Rewards and the CHRO, establishes the long-term vision, goals and strategies for the Compensation Department and sets program expectations.
• Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending revisions and/or new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
• Counsels HR partners and business leaders regarding compensation related activities such as new hire offers, promotions, transfers, etc.
• Manages market research and benchmarking activities (organizational understanding, job evaluation, data analytics, job pricing, etc.) to ensure a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
• Oversees the annual cycle for base pay management including structure updates or redesigns, job evaluation and slotting, incentive pay design, and the budgeting and execution of the merit process
• Establishes and maintains the annual incentive plan processes to include design recommendations, budget / accrual modeling, and payout calculations.
• Leads the selection, negotiation and management of vendors for all areas of responsibility.
• Work with the HR Business Partners and leadership to help develop promotion and retention strategies for existing employees.
• Assists the VP of Total Rewards in the development and administration of executive compensation programs to ensure market competitiveness.
• Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance.
• Leads and develops a team of 1 compensation analyst and two payroll professionals.
• Ensure that the company's pay scale complies with changing state and federal laws and regulations.
• Keep apprised of federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
• Analyze and recommend changes to current procedures and processes.
• Assist with escalated issues around payroll taxes with state and local agencies.
• Ultimate responsibility for timely and accurately run payrolls.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, Master’s degree preferred
• CCP, CECP, and SHRM-CP preferred
• 5+ year’s progressively responsible experience in compensation management including sales compensation, incentive pay, and executive compensation. Experience in retail preferred.
• Experience managing a payroll department preferred
• Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to base compensation and incentive compensation programs.
• Able to work independently and be a strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills; Ability to multitask.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• A solutions-oriented mentality with a data driven approach
• A growth mindset: track record of leveraging past learnings, encouraging new ideas and smart risk taking in self and others
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships to make effective decisions collaboratively
• High commitment to employee growth and development: empowers team and defines success as having a significant impact on other’s careers
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy