Compensation Manager at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
We have an amazing team built with People Partners, People Operations, Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, People Development, Workplace Operations, and Administration functions. We work cohesively to build and maintain a high functioning and high performing team with a focus on promoting culture, growth, and efficiency.
The Compensation Manager is a true thought partner and advisor on all things compensation to the businesses they support. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and ongoing development of the company’s compensation related programs including base pay, short and long term incentives, sales commission and other variable pay programs.What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for managing the company’s compensation function including program design, development, related compensation support, analysis of program effectiveness (including monitoring market trends and regulatory changes), and on-going program administration.
- Key liaison to the business assisting across multiple verticals, interacting directly with department heads and executives
- Excellent “stage presence” and the ability to concisely communicate complex program initiatives and analysis.
- Provide recommendations to senior business leaders for resolving compensation issues and ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Reviews jobs and recommends appropriate grade level(s) assignments based on Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) exemptions, market data and internal job benchmarks.
- Performs job and salary analyses to assist in evaluating internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance.
- Participates in and/or conducts salary surveys. Analyzes market data to evaluate competitive position to the market and makes recommendations.
- Ensure commission/bonus related payment calculations are in accordance to policy
- Identify, assess impact, and recommend policy/process/system modifications where necessary
- BS or BA, Human Resources, Business, Finance or any other related field preferred
- 5 + years minimum professional experience in compensation management; prior experience in Sales Compensation is preferred
- Advanced MS Excel, analytical skills, attention to detail required
- Accustomed to working with large data sets and ability to synthesize data into a digestible and presentable format
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills with the ability to manage large, cross functional stakeholder groups
- The ability to influence change with Senior leaders and use sound judgment to form an objective opinion
- Proven experience in being able to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations without a lot of oversight.
- Excellent communicator (verbal, written, presentation delivery)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously; experience working in fast-paced and frequently-changing environments; ability to thrive in ambiguity and self-direct
- Must be able to think strategically and view the business from a general management standpoint
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.