Director of Compensation at realtor.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:41 p.m. (CST) on Friday, March 20, 2020
realtor’s Total Rewards team has an exciting opportunity for a Director Compensation to join our team in our headquarters located in Santa Clara. You will further enhance and execute against out compensation strategy in alignment with our overarching rewards philosophy. You will work on high-priority projects and initiatives and ultimately act as a trusted advisor and the primary compensation point of contact for our HR Business Partner team. In addition, you will work with the compensation team to drive processes including benchmarking, pay analysis and annual merit planning. Bringing your fresh ideas will support and enable game-changing business results by creating and managing programs and solutions that unleash greatness in our employees.
realtor’s People team uses defined principles to connect all processes and policies back to our company values. We integrate empathy and focus into every initiative – whether it’s creating compensation and benefits strategies, developing and implementing policy, or enriching company culture. Our ideal candidate is passionate about enhancing the candidate and employee experience, uncovering what’s next in HR and has strong interest and focus on hiring and retention strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes and maintains an effective/streamlined communication strategy for all compensation and incentive programs, including documentation of all plan guidelines and FAQs
- Manages the consistent implementation of a base compensation framework including salary ranges and merit guidelines in alignment with job design and grading frameworks.Provides consultation to HRBPs with respect to market data, internal equity and compensation guidelines, as well as trends
- Enhance and manage compensation management functions, such as job evaluation, external market pricing, internal benchmarking, and policy interpretation
- Recommends compensation plan changes or new plan designs which are consistent with compensation trends and company objectives
- Provides advice and guidance to Talent Acquisition team and HR partners on compensation related issues, identification of compensation for new positions and job offers, and the design of creative solutions to complex compensation matters
- Manages the administration of the merit increase processes including budgeting and market analysis, communications, reporting, analysis and processing for payroll
- Coordinates process for reviewing, documenting, tracking variable pay programs; working with HR leadership to ensure quality reporting, effectiveness of program structure, alignment with company strategies and goals, and appropriate balance of payout with profitability
- Manages a Compensation Analyst, including training, performance management including setting goals and writing performance reviews, etc.Builds and maintains strong and effective working relationships with HR Partners, Finance, Legal, Tax, and Payroll
Budgeting, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Conducts periodic risk assessments on compensation programs, working with HR leadership, Legal on plan design and risk mitigation where necessary.
- Prepares reports and analysis that support compensation recommendations and decisions; may develop and/or maintain customized compensation reports to meet the needs of HR Business partners and their leaders
- Defines and tracks metrics, analyzes trends and outcomes, and ensures the effectiveness of compensation programs; prepares meaningful analysis of market survey data in comparison to the Company’s compensation data
- Works with HRIS to ensure that systems meet compensation needs and are maintained to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, efficient workflow, etc.
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline and at least five years’ experience in the analysis, design, and/or administration of compensation programs
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with compensation systems
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Office, including advanced Excel skills and advanced PowerPoint and Word skills
- CCP or similar certification preferred (or progress toward certification)Working knowledge and understanding of federal and state regulations; FLSA
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, creativity and inquisitive thinking
- Excellent project management, communication and organizational skills are required
- Must be able to be an effective business partner and consultant to all levels of the organization
- Must be able to effectively adapt to changing and new priorities
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description