Director, Global Human Resources at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is seeking candidates for a Director, Global Human Resources. The Director will lead and implement BigCommerce’s strategy to retain and develop talent and seek to develop/maintain an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes excellence and collaboration. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing policies and best practices for the organization, and leading the HRBP team. This person will also be responsible for leadership across all BigCommerce sites, both domestically and internationally.
What You’ll Do:
The Director, Global Human Resources coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs; manages the HR Business Partner team; and reports to the SVP of People & Culture. Additionally, this person will:
- Work collaboratively with executive management, line managers, HR team, and other stakeholders to build a culture of excellence and innovation and to coach and mentor leaders on personal development and performance topics; consult with executives on key issues to understand business needs and to recommend solutions.
- In consultation with the legal department, resolve complex employee relations issues (such as harassment and discrimination allegations) in a balanced, fair and objective manner, using appropriate counseling, investigative, intervention and mediation techniques. This includes compliance with both U.S. and international labor laws.
- Provide tools and guidelines to support and implement policies and procedures, domestic and international employment agreements, remote office employee manuals, etc.; Maintain a high-quality central HR function, including working with the People Operations function to ensure appropriate systems and processes are designed & utilized, including the use of metrics and people data to inform key decisions;
- Interface with talent acquisition in order to support and contribute to the recruiting, selection process, and on-boarding processes. Work with talent acquisition and management to ensure the selection of the right candidates for all positions;
- Lead development and execution employee engagement and retention strategies, plans, and initiatives including the design and implementation of a training, mentoring and professional development and succession plans;
- Manage the performance management process and facilitate improvement of performance management systems and training for domestic and international staff;
- Successfully execute all aspects of an annual HR strategy and projects from initiation to completion; engage leaders to ensure progress toward & overcome obstacles for achieving HR plans; create vision mission & project plan for large scale efforts; bring perspective of global constituents to all projects;
- In collaboration with BigCommerce leadership lead the design or restructure of divisions or organizations to achieve greater efficiencies or better align with business objectives; design, develop & use organization-wide assessment tools and surveys to recommend/influence high level decision making; conduct job analysis and make connections to competencies, L&OD initiatives and other HR processes and programs.
- Manage the People/HR team, with team members in multiple sites & dispersed geographic locations; and
- Other HR related tasks and initiatives as may be assigned from time to time.
Who You Are:
- Human Resources professional with 10+ years of progressive human resources/organization development experience, including global and HR business partner experience (minimum of 5+ years' preferred);
- Previous management experience required; At least 5 years preferred;
- Broad understanding of employment law, recruitment and selection, employee relations, compensation, and benefits and HR Systems selection & implementation;
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and collaboratively about team member development and training;
- Ability to influence and build credibility at all levels and establish collaborative working relationships;
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, complex, decentralized and geographically diverse organizational structure;
- Ability to determine and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations;
- Superior communication skills, oral and written;
- Strong strategic and problem solving skills;
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills as well as strong organizational skills and initiative;
- Demonstrated history of strong project management skills with large scale, cross functional teams both inside and outside of HR;
- Fluency in English required.
- The ideal candidate will exhibit: self-initiated drive; demonstrated ability to produce results, ruthlessly prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines; and proven ability to work under pressure in a highly unstructured ambiguous, fast-paced change environment.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.