Director, Global Internal Communications
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
As Forcepoint grows, we must develop and execute integrated, consistent communications programs that engage our employees across regions and from various legacy businesses. As such, we are seeking a Director of Global Internal Communications who will be chartered with developing and leading communications strategies that align our employees around key company priorities.
The Director of Global Internal Communications will shape the company’s employee communications strategy in close partnership with human resources, marketing and members of the Forcepoint executive team. He/she will be responsible for driving creative programs that engage employees through various communications channels and in measuring/reporting on the success of these programs.
The individual in this highly visible role must be poised, creative and self-motivated; he or she will be expected to serve as a change agent within the organization.
The Director of Global Internal Communications reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- The development and creation of annual strategic communications plans focused on employee engagement; executing key elements of the plans.
- Responsible for creating an enterprise-wide strategy around CEO and other top leader communications in order to showcase their ambassadorship of the organization through various tools and resources.
- Establishing strategic direction and positioning of the organization, defining priorities, as well as coordinating cross-company initiatives.
- Building relationships across the enterprise to advance the organization’s position in order to lead to the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Regularly assessing the effectiveness of Forcepoint’s employee communications channels and putting communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Overseeing the enterprise-wide distribution of email messages intended for employees.
- Developing and implementing internal communications strategies, and manages the research, writing, production and publishing of communications to the overall organization through multiple messaging channels. (video, print, webinar, live events)
- Drive strategic communications programs and initiatives that creatively reinforce the company’s brand, mission, values, key business goals and initiatives.
- 10 years of relevant communications experience (e.g., internal communications, marketing, public relations)
- Related bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing comprehensive strategic communications programs to advance an organization's mission and goals.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks with frequently changing requirements and deadlines.
- Expertise and awareness of digital channel strategies and programs, including new/emerging technologies, to support message delivery and measurement.
- Cultural curiosity and global mindset to understand and communicate with the differing demographic and regional employee populations in the company.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Extensive successful writing and editing experience (externally and internally) with a variety of print and online communications media.
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier leaders, both internal and external, as well as ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization enterprise-wide.
- Ability to work closely with executives to develop, secure approval of and deploy their communications.
- Ability to develop advanced concepts and solutions to problems that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and innovation.