Director, HR at Expedia Group
Looking to join a mighty team of HR professionals spearheading the transformation of our talent agenda? Are you driven by excellence and collaboration? We are seeking a strategic Director, HR for Expedia Group’s Platform and Marketplaces division. Our People team creates positive employee experiences, inspired by our passion for travel and technology, to ignite our high-performance culture.
We are looking for a team member to partner Data, AI Platforms and Systems division within Platform & Marketplaces (P&M) - a division which builds Expedia Group’s platform spanning every part of the travel experience. This is a team where exceptional technical and business people come together to demonstrate the benefits our two decades in travel!
What you will do:
- Talent Agenda including: talent identification, succession planning, pipelining, acquiring and future oriented organizational capabilities. Winning the war on talent, internally developing talent for future skills. You will be the voice of the business strategy to the Expedia Group People team and voice of the people strategy to business teams.
- Organization Culture: Embedding Expedia Group Culture and Enterprise Leader behaviors across the business.
- Top Team Effectiveness and Leadership Coaching – Identify, enable, and implement key capabilities and processes to support enterprise leadership development and growth.
- Organizational Health: Organizational Design assessed by metrics and overall people strategy. Partner closely with the business and drive informed decision-making using data to identify trends, resolve root causes of issues, and develop effective solutions.
Who you are:
- Demonstrates HR experience as a strategic, senior leadership partner, across one or more of the following: Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Data Engineering
- Analytical thinking and strategic problem-solving skills, with the drive to cut through complexity and turn high-level business requirements and opportunities into specific initiatives.
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast paced environment, responding effectively and simply to sophisticated and ambiguous problems and situations
- Designing end-to end talent agenda, organizational development, delivery of global performance cycles and transformation programs.
- Comfortable using advanced executive coaching techniques to make recommendations across opposing and equally critical business needs
- Natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate about the business context and leadership growth, builds strong relationship by being an inspiring and approachable leader.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where outstanding people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.