Director of People & Culture Business Partners at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
As our Director of People & Culture Business Partners, you will be a strategic leader and partner that fosters a thriving culture, engaged teams, and a more productive and profitable business. You will contribute to the health and success of the company by knowing the business priorities and collaborating on our talent strategy and roadmap. You will proactively partner with business leaders to implement our talent strategy and execute people practices consistently across the organization. You will solve complex organizational challenges through people-related solutions. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work, and be comfortable challenging convention.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE & CULTURE TEAM
The Aceable People & Culture team is a data-driven, results oriented, and compassionate team committed to an amazing Aceable employee experience. We align people priorities to our strategic business objectives, using our core values as our North star, driving a high performance culture and building inclusive teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead the execution of our talent strategy, ensuring high quality partnerships, collaboration, and cultivating a high performance and inclusive culture
- Advise and coach senior leaders and people managers as they build and develop their teams, coaching them through change management, performance management, compensation, engagement, and navigating and resolving employee relations issues
- Drive results and outcomes aligned to business priorities through our people programs and practices, including performance management, total rewards, engagement, diversity, inclusion, onboarding/offboarding, and retention
- Foster our culture, guiding decision making through the lens of our values and priorities
- Play a central collaborative role in the connection between our talent acquisition and talent management strategies and their execution
- Develop integrated solutions using insightful data and analysis to identify risks and offer proactive solutions and alternatives
- Be hands-on and work side by side with our people to roll out people related programs, including compensation, performance, and talent development programs
- Lead and develop a team of Business Partners and consistent application of people practices across the organization
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 8+ years of human resources experience, with at least 5 as a business partner
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Experience collaborating with leaders to create people plans, solve problems and influence change
- Comfort with strategic contribution and hands-on execution and roll out
- Experience and knowledge in multiple human resource disciplines, including employee engagement and retention, organizational development, employee relations and performance management
- Experience in talent acquisition
- Experience with Ultipro (HRIS)
- Experience with Learning & Development programs that support talent strategy
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.