Director of People Operations at Arrive Logistics
The Director of People Operations will develop, lead, and execute all of Arrive’s efforts to become a best-in-class workplace. This includes building an employee engagement strategy and processes to deliver upon complementary business objectives. They will have experience with different approaches and have a track record of showing the results of these alternative approaches. This person will have deep content expertise in employee engagement, performance management, learning management, and organizational development. The Director of People Operations will be expected to:
- Bring thought leadership, tailored insights, and strategic perspective to designing, implementing, and continuously improving high-impact People initiatives.
- Lead a high performing People Operations team focused on various functional areas integrated within support for the business.
- Partner closely with peers and stakeholders across the People organization to assess existing People programs, processes, and practices, identify gaps and inefficiencies and drive innovative solutions to enhance the employee experience.
- Champion collaborative cross-functional relationships with talent acquisition, talent management, learning & development and total rewards to ensure a best-in-class on-boarding and off-boarding experience for new employees.
- Lead with best practices and proven methodologies for process improvement, scalability, and automation to support long-term growth objectives.
- Partner with leaders and stakeholders across the organization to innovate in achieving major improvements in efficiency and optimization within our People Operations organization.
- Drive continuous improvement in our People processes, policies, and workflows to ensure they are compliant, efficient, scalable, and reflect Arrive’s values.
- In partnership with the Employment Law contractor, maintain current knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations related to personnel.
- Build strong relationships with leaders and employees across the organization and be known as a trusted advisor.
- Consistently coach and advise senior leaders on their leadership effectiveness and to employ various techniques including; conflict resolution, team building, professional development, roles and responsibility clarity, resource planning and performance management through effective implementation and technical oversight.
- Lead organizational change and transformation initiatives to increase performance.
- Partner with talent management to lead holistic talent plans to identify, assess, build, and develop a diverse internal pipeline of talent for the organization.
- Champion a data-driven mindset to identify People Operations reports and analytics that drive insights, business decisions and actions to support long-term grown objectives.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and drive initiatives to constantly build upon and improve culture.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record with organizations known for best practices in People Operations programs, and have experience including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of human resource experience required.
- 5+ years of human resource management experience overseeing people and processes at a high growth organization required.
- HR certification or equivalent required.
- A proven track record of success in implementing programs to attract and sustain a high performing, engaged workforce.
- Both general knowledge of the principles and best practices of human resources administration and a demonstrated ability to develop and implement organizational improvements strategically and tactically.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and deal with complex HR challenges with limited resources and creatively overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
The rockstar candidate will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Strong sense of urgency for goal achievement across varied and simultaneous activities.
- Innovative and creative problem solving ability.
- Develops successful working relationships focused on achieving results together.
- Comfortable making quick decisions in response to changing conditions.
- A confident and persuasive communication style.
- Directive leadership style to assure business results are achieved with ability to delegate details as necessary.
- Takes ownership of individual and departmental responsibilities with a high degree of accountability.
- Builds trust through a high level of discretion and personal integrity.