Director of Talent
New Knowledge is seeking a Director of Talent to lead our recruitment, engagement, and employer branding efforts. In this role you'll work closely with our Head of People to recruit, engage, and retain top tier talent.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
We are led by successful entrepreneurs, NSA veterans and disinformation industry experts. Current clients include Fortune 100 customers across a number of industry verticals. New Knowledge backers include Moonshots Capital, GGV Capital and Capital Factory.
This role is for you if you're looking to lead a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and build out a recruitment process. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable.
- Manage and oversee the New Knowledge recruitment team
- Recruit for senior level positions
- Develop new and innovative ways to engage with employees including seeking and acting on their feedback to identify the most effective method
- Create and achieve KPIs for retention of employees and improved engagement
- Anticipate and provide ongoing training to ensure hiring managers have the knowledge and tools they need to be successful
- Partner with leaders across New Knowledge to develop career paths, succession planning, and development plans for top performers
- Manage full cycle recruiting including sourcing, applicant testing, interviewing, presenting and closing qualified candidates
- Employ a variety of sourcing techniques to identify a high quality, diverse candidate pool in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Create and execute on New Knowledge’s employer brand strategy
- A passion for people and our mission
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree
- 6+ years experience in talent acquisition and/or People Operations
- 3+ years experience managing a high volume recruiting team
- We offer amazing Fortune 500 level company healthcare plans, vision and dental.
- We offer a 401(k) plus a 4% company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Stock options
- Free parking in our downtown office
- Membership to onsite gym and pool
- $2,000 annual gadget policy to buy tech tools, from a computer to headphones to iPads, anything you need to do your job. You own these gadgets (not the company)
- Annual budget to purchase books and literature subscriptions
- Weekly catered lunches
- Stocked kitchen full of healthy snacks and an endless supply of bubbly water
- Bi-monthly office events like happy hours, Alamo Drafthouse movies, escape rooms, stand up paddleboarding
- Most importantly, meaningful work. We all love coming to work everyday and making a difference to make this world a better place