eLearning Training Specialist
HomeAway Customer Experience is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to become part of the Global Education and Knowledge team as an eLearning Training Specialist.
Your primary responsibility will be to design and deliver attractive and engaging eLearning modules on a range of topics for our Customer Support call center teams. This includes systems training, new product features, operations, and soft skills.
What you’ll do:
- Responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and implement interactive and engaging e-learning modules. These should include practice exercises, knowledge checks, assessment and other elements designed to drive knowledge retention
- Demonstrate instructional design skills to determine the optimal way to chunk, sequence, and structure content
- Work closely with the entire Global Training Team to design and develop eLearning strategy
- Coordinate with various subject matter experts, team members and key partners throughout the design, development and implementation process
- Effectively project manage the build and implementation of each eLearning initiative
- Responsible for updating existing learning content as the platform or processes change. This includes updates to audio, graphics, backgrounds, etc.
- Maintain compliance with Global Training requirements
- Understand the functionality of the LMS and upload content when required.
- Measure training effectiveness and address user feedback to revise content as needed
Who you are:
- Ideal Candidate:
You are digitally creative with 2-5 years’ experience crafting engaging eLearning content with a technical focus. You are inventive, great at figuring out technical details and able to work with occasionally tight deadlines. HomeAway is a constantly evolving business which requires an innovative approach to training our agents to best support our customers.
- Required for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Technology, Instructional Systems Design, or other related field.
- 2-5 years of experience creating eLearning courses, including storyboards and final produced modules
- Demonstrated expertise in eLearning instructional design and adult learning theory
- Experience creating gamification and interactive experiences.
- Experience integrating with learning management systems including creating SCORM compliant files and troubleshooting SCORM compliance issues
- Comfort with learning technologies (e.g., LMS, authoring tools, media editing tools, etc.)
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and presentation skills
- Ability to work individually and in a team in a dynamic environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and adhere to deadlines and project plans effectively
- Proven experience using authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline 360 or similar
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including: Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Should have ability to travel internationally, if needed (less than 5%)
If selected for an interview, be prepared to provide work samples and present training materials.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.