Employee Experience Manager at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The People Team at MongoDB is looking for an independent, self-starter to join our Austin office as Regional Employee Experience Manager. In this role, you will get the opportunity to help scale the growth of our Employee Experience team as we grow our business while supporting employees and managers with their experience of working for MongoDB. You will be the face of the People Team to MongoDB employees serving as the main point of contact for all initial people inquiries and supporting issue resolution.
- Serving as the main point of contact for all employees and people manager queries that come into HR. Connecting with employees to understand and address questions or source the answer from other COE's while providing advisory services for managers in performance management & capabilities
- Employee Relations: Support our commitment to a safe and balanced workplace by evaluating l employee complaints and grievances brought to the People team. Conduct detailed review and assessment of the complaint in partnership with the HR Business Partner and Legal to make appropriate recommendations to address the matter
- Benefits: Support leave advisory services (i.e. FMLA, disability, parental leave, etc.), for all employee requests in your assigned region
- Process Improvement: Develop and evolve MongoDB People processes and procedures and maintain/update existing procedures. Keep abreast of employment law and current legislation in relation to Human Resources to better advise managers and identify risk and alternate solutions. Contribute to evaluating, developing and enhance company policies as necessary. Continue to make things better!
- Systems & Operations: Providing support to ensure accuracy of employee data in internal HR systems in partnership with HRIS and Shared Services
- B.S. degree in Human Resources or related field
- At least 7 years of related experience as Human Resources Generalist with strong experience handling employee relations cases and familiarity with leave administration
- Excellent relationship building skills with a commercial lens
- Strong knowledge of state and federal labor laws
- Professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be agile, adaptable to change, and able to multitask
- PHR, Professional in HR certificate preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth technology environment preferred
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.