Employee Relations Specialist
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you have the opportunity to create something exceptional, build something sustainable and make a real impact. We are built for the wild.
As an Employee Relations Specialist, your role will be one of the most impactful at YETI as it relates to risk mitigation, process improvement, employee morale and culture. With the guidance of the Talent Partner & Employee Relations Manager, you will directly support employees and managers in the resolution of employee relations issues, as well as serve as the point of contact for employee questions related to benefits, policies, etc. You are an organized, motivated self-starter with a strong attention to detail and a high standard for quality work. Your ability to work well in the “gray” allows you to effectively navigate and nuance various situations.
A look at your day-to-day
- Support the Talent Partner & Employee Relations Manager in the conduction of investigations related to employee misconduct
- Partner with management in the assessment of performance management issues, and subsequent creation and issuing of documentation
- Explain and provide counsel to management regarding company policy, local and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures, and the importance of compliance
- Support the Talent Leadership in the administration of talent management and employee experience initiatives, such as performance reviews, company events, pay planning process, succession planning, employee experience survey, etc.
- Serve as point of contact for employee questions and grievances related to policy, performance management, leave of absences, etc.
- Provide administrative support relating to terminations, performance management, tracker maintenance, reporting requests, basic data analysis, Handbook updates, etc.
- Some local travel (
Now for a little bit about you….
- 3+ years experience in employee relations and/or human resources
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with a concentration in Business, Human Resources, Management or other relevant field is preferred
- A PHR, PHR, SHRM-CP certification preferred
- Basic knowledge of local and federal employment law (including FMLA, ADA, etc.), performance management, conflict resolution and benefits
- Experience in the improvement of process documentation and efficiency
- Extensive use of Microsoft Office suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail with a quality-mindset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Perks At YETI? We’ve got ya covered…
- YETI Swag Package
- Employee discounts on YETI products
- Friends and Family discounts on YETI products too!
- Lunch with our cool Ambassadors from the outdoor industry – get a chance to meet & break bread with your favorite fishing guides, BBQ pit masters and hunting pro’s
- Competitive PTO program PLUS Loyalty Leave: 1 extra day of PTO with each year of service (up to 5 additional days after 5 years)
- Day of Service – 1 day per year to do community volunteer work
- Benefits coverage (health, dental, vision, etc) and 401K
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Casual work environment – what else would you expect for a cooler company?
- Standing desk options
- Discounts with outdoor vendors / clients (such as Patagonia, Kuhl, Costa, etc)
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.