Executive Assistant at Square Root
Square Root is growing! To help support our leadership and culture teams, we’re looking for an assistant to infuse some organizational magic to the group. This role reports to Courtney, our Head of Culture + People, so you’ll be assisting with all things HR and Recruiting as well as supporting our executive team. You’ll tackle scheduling, travel booking, expense reports, and event planning. As the first impression for Square Root, you should bring a positive attitude, genuine interest in startup culture, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to learn. Our ideal assistant will anticipate our executives’ needs, portray a stellar image of Square Root internally and externally, + be resourceful and meticulous about details. Each day here presents a new challenge, so, we need a go-getter, willing to jump into any task.
Sound like you? Keep reading!
- Be the voice to our candidates including scheduling interviews and giving office tours
- Plan events ranging from intimate happy hours to community-wide recruiting events
- Schedule client off-site meetings and order client gifts
- Run our executives’ calendars including protecting their time and representing them well to the world
- Book executive travel and submit expense reports through Expensify
- Handle personal tasks such as running the occasional errand + researching and booking personal travel
- There is no shortage of opportunities - The right person will grow and evolve this role!
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- You’re interested in Executive Assistance, HR or Recruiting
- You're willing to work non-standard hours, including weekends and evenings
- You’ve got an eye for details and inclination for quick execution
- You’re comfortable working in ambiguity and able to solve problems on the fly
- You possess honesty, integrity, and a strong respect for confidentiality
- Your communication skills are top-notch - balancing warmth and professionalism
- You’re not afraid to pipe up with your feedback
- You're comfortable learning new processes, tools, and software
- You’re innately curious and fanatical about learning
- You’re optimistic, self-motivated, and always ready to pitch in and help
- Most importantly you bring gumption, strong work ethic, and kindness to everything you do
We’re always looking for people to add to and evolve our culture + company. We want you to bring your unique experience and perspective, so don’t worry about checking all the boxes. If our values and mission resonate with you, please apply!
Our Radical Culture
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. As we grow, we’re not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we’re also looking for people that share our values. Here's the code we live by:
- Think big. Do bigger. We think big ideas are meant to be pursued. So, we think critically and have a bias for action and impact. We continually iterate to deliver smarter direction and better software.
- Be customer-inspired. We aim to over-deliver and delight by doing what’s best, not just what’s expected. That’s why we make it a priority to understand how our customers operate and the challenges that they face.
- Partner. We build strong relationships by having a partnership mindset – internally and externally. We go above and beyond to help our customers, and one another succeed.
- Thrive. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation. We revere personal drive, growth, and balance. We celebrate successes, and, sometimes, we just celebrate.
The Good Stuff
Founded in Austin, Texas, we’ve been bootstrapped and profitable since our start in 2006. Along the way, we’ve added a slew of benefits and perks inspired by our team of Radicals. Here’s a sample:
- Flexibility: no dress code, office hours, or vacation policy
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- A cozy campus of five 1920’s craftsman homes in downtown
- Radicals get $3,000 a year to learn anything (seriously!)
- Team lunches, stocked kitchen + bar, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
Square Root is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.