Global Mobility Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What You Would Do Here:
Cloudflare is growing our People & Places team. Our focus is getting the best people to work at Cloudflare and then allowing them to do their best work. As we continue to build out our People team, we are looking for a trusted partner to build our mobility program and oversee immigration needs. This new role is being introduced to address Cloudflare’s rapidly expanding global mobility needs. It is an exciting opportunity to build the program from the ground up, ideal for someone who is able to both design and operationalize creative solutions, and socialize those for support and alignment. In this role, you will report to the Head of People Systems and Operations and own mobility, relocation and immigration activities globally.
Our focus is to drive efficiencies through operational excellence, deliver an integrated, premium experience for our people, and maximize cross-functional partnerships across the many different teams involved with mobility and immigration. You will be the primary point of contact for all moves at Cloudflare, ensuring high quality execution from start to finish. As the first person to assume this role formally at Cloudflare, you will have the opportunity to shape the role to best suit our team needs.
- Design a world class mobility program with policy administration, vendor management, and process design while optimizing for the employee experience
- Partner with Total Rewards on policy design
- Socialize program with key stakeholders and ensure alignment and success of the mobility program, such as HR, Payroll, Corporate Tax, Accounts Payable, Legal, and Travel.
- In this business-facing role, you will manage and track the movement of team members globally, including expatriates, short-term assignees, transfers, contract extensions and repatriations
- Proactively identify and highlight all risks and deadlines for each move, maintaining strong attention to detail while juggling multiple moves with tight turnaround times
- Design and develop immigration resources for internal partners and employees to include: FAQs, policies, and process documents
- Maximize support from external partners for relocation and immigration subject matter expertise and program administration
- Be aware of, communicate and cascade any changes in immigration law and practice to relevant stakeholders and employees; monitor ongoing compliance with global policies and guidelines
- Drive the adoption, communication, training and change management of various initiatives within Global Mobility
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for programs and tasks, anticipating, escalating, and resolving issues
- Partner closely with Payroll, Tax, Equity and outside vendors to ensure employment tax compliance related to international transfers or assignments
Who You Are:
Motivated by innovative program design and helping people, you have built out or managed a global mobility or relocation program for 5+ years. Extra points for GMS® certification. You are knowledgeable about global immigration policies and procedures pertaining to work permits and visas. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are always looking for ways to innovate. You have a demonstrated history of building relationships and credibility across all levels of an organization.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to make sound decisions and recommendations with little supervision. You are naturally deadline-driven and detail oriented, able to juggle multiple moves through completion while ensuring all deadlines and move needs are met with quality. You are system savvy with the ability to identify opportunities to streamline and automate mobility processes and creatively problem solve. You are a skillful communicator, verbally in small and large groups, as well as written through emails or on wikis.
You operate independently and present solutions instead of problems. You are generous with your time with all of our people and earn and maintain the trust that people place with you. You love a challenge and operate with a learning mindset, embracing change and shifting priorities. You operate with integrity and have an unwavering dedication to creating an exceptional employee experience.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.