About Diversity and Inclusion at W2O: A Healthier Place for All
W2O is passionate about making the world a healthier place through marketing and communication for everyone – the clients we serve, the communities we support, and the people who drive the work we do every day.
The Head of W2O Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) develops, leads, and implements strategic objectives that enables all of our workforce to perform their best work. This leader will drive critical focus areas for the company in ensuring an inclusive people experience. This includes evolving our strategies for engaging a diverse and inclusive workforce, strengthening the sense of belonging and community, and ultimately making a positive difference through diverse ideas with and for the clients we serve around the globe.
This position leads the W2O D&I steering committee and employee resource groups (ERGs) and works in concert with other areas within the W2O infrastructure, including HR, recruiting and retention as well as among senior leaders advancing W2O’s diversity and inclusion efforts. This position will also connect with and represent W2O in various external stakeholder forums.
- Define, design and measure our diversity & inclusion strategy to fulfill our mission. Key areas of strategic focus include:
- Workforce: Creating an inclusive environment that allows all of our people to grow and thrive, advancing the thinkers and leaders of tomorrow
- Workplace: Facilitating understanding, overcoming biases and bringing different voices and perspectives to the table for holistic programming and breakthrough thinking
- Marketplace: Support and facilitate the development and sharing of best practices / tools to help our clients build a more inclusive culture and workforce
- Plan, develop, and direct strategic and operational efforts to help the company more effectively recruit, develop, engage, and retain our diverse workforce and increase the organization’s ability to support an environment where all people feel included and comfortable being themselves, thereby leading to a stronger sense of belonging/community and ultimately greater innovation and inclusion of our key stakeholders in the important work we do.
- Act as a consultant and advisor with deep D&I expertise to executive level and senior leaders in the organization as well as HR and collaborate effectively with colleagues across an array of operational functions.
- Work across HR and Talent Acquisition to integrate and embed D&I in people and talent programs and practices.
- Establish multi-level sponsorship and mentorship programs across our long hallway (US and globally) including:
- Growing a diverse college network engagement and collaboration (special emphasis on diversity programs)
- Curation of insights, best practices across our network and industry partners (e.g., Gender Parity Collaborative members, ColorComm, Ad Color)
- Ongoing participation in HBA collaborative, other HBA events
- Creation and activation of a global MC agency network
- Ongoing counsel to business development, client service teams
- Raise the capability of the entire HR function to further diversity and inclusion efforts; responsible for the design and implementation of a diversity and inclusion learning capability.
- Work in concert with key internal infrastructure leaders to build a strong internal and external reputation as a great place to work for all and cultivates a strong external network of appropriate D&I relationships.
- Responsible for the W2O employee resource groups, leveraging their passion and interest in furthering the company’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Leverage data to inspire action and drive outcomes across the organization; ensure preparation of diversity metrics/measurements on a regular frequency and communicates progress against plans that reinforce accountability throughout the organization.
- Advancing company visibility and thought leadership: Curation of content that highlights company’s involvement and engagement at industry events, other storytelling activities; serve as a leading voice; supporter of company perspectives, IP on D&I (e.g., Gender and Diversity Relevance Report evolution, pay equity etc.).
- Responsible for budget management of the D&I function as well as the ERG budgets.
- 15+ years of experience in business and possesses capabilities in related field of expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent years of experience.
- 8+ years of effective leadership and management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with core diversity and inclusion concepts and practices as well as strong capability in organizational change.
- Track record of fostering, driving, and implementing innovative ideas with broad impact.
- Demonstrated strategic partnering skills and ability to work across functions and communities to develop ideas and deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership and management capabilities, helping develop team members and fostering a positive and inclusive experience for the team.
Core Desired Outcomes
- Empowered leadership position that’s viewed as a critical function within the agency (how it’s perceived).
- Meaning engagement of head of diversity in key company culture, recruiting and strategic client initiatives/business development programs.
- Meaningful and measurable organizational and culture change.
- Training, action from the top down; behavioral, cultural metrics embedded in performance evaluations
- Infusion of D&I in client programming, strategy and POVs (how D&I becomes the fabric of the organization).
- Thriving ERG community and programming (how D&I comes to life within the organization).
- Meaningful uptick in D&I recruiting – focus on interns and FTE candidates (how we deliver on evolving our company demographic).
- Sustained presence at D&I/industry related events; sustained visibility and thought leadership (how we show up in the world)
W2O Group offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including unlimited and flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents and the Your 4th Trimester™ program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.w2ogroup.com/
W2O Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We foster an environment that embraces diversity. We are stronger with a wider range of opinions, strengths, and backgrounds to achieve our goals.