Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market, and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal, and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
Interested in what our teammates and customers have to say about Billd? Feel free to check out our 4.6 star Glassdoor rating and 4.8 Trust Pilot rating .
The Head of People Operations is responsible for helping find, develop, motivate and retain the best people at Billd. You will be the internal champion to build an outstanding company culture. We want Billd to be a place where employees are surrounded by amazingly talented people who are committed to our mission and vision.
This position is based in our office in Austin, TX. The Head of People Operations will report directly to the CEO while also working across other business functions.
What You'll Do
- Earn employee trust as an advocate for their success in the company
- Lead all Human Resources functions for the business including onboarding, training, performance management, engagement, people marketing, retention, and compensation
- Provide leadership on people-related issues and policies across all functional areas of the business
- Launch and manage company employee performance management program
- Launch and manage consistent candidate interview and scoring methodology to optimize evaluating for the best talent
- Manage to align individual performance with company goals
- Manage to develop and steering company culture
- Manage company HR systems (bamboo), employee handbook, and company benefits
- Manage company people events such as off-site meetings and milestone celebrations
- Manage all HR records
- Support company hiring plans and recruiting teams
- Support recruiting activities including coaching leadership team on interview process/structure
- Support leadership in cascading communication to employees on company mission, values, key objectives, strategy, opportunities, and KPIs
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of HR experience working in high-growth, fast-paced companies
- Experience in leading People Operations or Human Resources team
- Experience in marketing positions and recruiting in the Austin, TX market preferred
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, reward, and recognition programs
- Experience in using Culture Index preferred
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Bachelors or Masters in Business, Organizational Development or Human Resources preferred
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description