Head of People Operations at Billd
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:42 a.m. (CST) on Sunday, April 3, 2022
Billd is a fast-growing fintech company looking to disrupt a $1.4 trillion dollar industry. We offer industry-leading financial and technology products to empower our customers. We believe in championing the underdog because no one else does.
We're equally committed to the motivated professionals that make up the Billd family. We are proud to have been recognized as Austin's fastest-growing private company by Austin Business Journal, and one of the best to work for by Built In. As a rapidly growing company, there are numerous opportunities for internal growth and career development.
You will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career. We encourage creativity, initiative, collaboration, playfulness, and a strong work-life balance.
We call our beautiful campus, located in Austin, TX, home and have a hybrid work model that allows employees the flexibility to work from home one day per week.
The Head of People Operations is responsible for helping find, develop, motivate and retain the best people at Billd. You will be the internal champion to build an outstanding company culture. We want Billd to be a place where employees are surrounded by amazingly talented people who are committed to our mission and vision. The Head of People Operations will report directly to the CEO while also working across other business functions.
What You'll Do
- Earn employee trust as an advocate for their success in the company
- Lead all Human Resources functions for the business including onboarding, training, performance management, engagement, people marketing, retention, and compensation
- Provide leadership on people-related issues and policies across all functional areas of the business
- Launch and manage company employee performance management program
- Launch and manage consistent candidate interview and scoring methodology to optimize evaluating for the best talent
- Launch and manage hiring, termination and promotion process
- Manage to align individual performance with company goals
- Manage to develop and steering company culture
- Manage company HR systems (bamboo), employee handbook, and company benefits
- Manage company people events such as off-site meetings and milestone celebrations
- Manage all HR records
- Support company hiring plans and recruiting teams
- Support recruiting activities including coaching leadership team on interview process/structure
- Support leadership in cascading communication to employees on company mission, values, key objectives, strategy, opportunities, and KPIs
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of HR experience working in high-growth, fast-paced companies
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability and experience with implementing performance management plan and feedback
- Deep understanding of hot to develop leaders and managers
- Experience in leading People Operations or Human Resources team
- Experience in marketing positions and recruiting in the Austin, TX market preferred
- Experience developing and managing effective incentive compensation, benefits, reward, and recognition programs
- Experience in using Culture Index preferred
- Ability to think strategically but also focus on tactical and operational issues
- Bachelors or Masters in Business, Organizational Development or Human Resources preferred
Billd is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Read Full Job Description