We're seeking a Head of People to join us in delivering on our mission of building a simpler, customer-centric home buying and selling experience in partnership with real estate agents.Our offering
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their current one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they're going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.About us
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to empower customers and their agent partners to buy before they sell while making the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are growing our team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business.
Homeward is backed by top-tier venture investors like Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised over $25 million in equity and secured over $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology spaces.Values
“Treat others how you want to be treated.” We’re building our company culture and customer experience with this as the guiding principle. It’s a simple rule, but emphasizes that we don’t prioritize money or growth over people.
We don’t chase every opportunity and rush from urgent task to urgent task. We relax, stay calm, and focus on our company-wide objectives. If something is out of scope, we say “no”. If something feels rushed we slow down and think it through so we can avoid unnecessary rework later. We don’t bombard each other with notifications expecting instant response times. We block off time for deep work so we can get into the flow and create solutions our customers love. Multi-tasking isn’t effective or enjoyable.
Cross Functional Collaboration
We look at our customers’ experience wholistically and recognize that improving it requires support from multiple functions. Given this, we’re excellent collaborators. No function is more important than another and we’re eager to work as a team to solve our customers’ toughest problems. We value strong internal alignment, and take pride in understanding and considering our teammates' perspectives before expressing our own.
In this role, you will:
- Report directly to our CEO and serve as an advisor and partner to the entire organization to continually improve our employees’ experiences.
- Partner closely with our internal counsel, finance, and marketing teams.
- Lead Homeward’s People Operations team, building a trusted, high impact org.
- Develop programs to support recruiting, onboarding, performance management, continuing education, and employee feedback.
- Oversee various HR platform services within the organization such as payroll and benefits
- Manage our facilities to drive consistent employee experience.
- Centralize employee communication for consistency throughout the organization.
- Manage our online presence for employee branding on social platforms, our company site, and internal tools.
- Develop policies and programs to ensure equitable hiring processes and build a diverse, inclusive, safe, and respectful workplace.
- Provide leadership and execution in compensation and career development best practices.
- Identify, track, and improve metrics identifying the health of our team.
- Drive and support continuous improvement in our work practices as a champion of change management.
- Cascade values throughout the org, fostering a culture of candor, open communication, and cross-functional collaboration.
- You have 7+ years experience in People Ops and HR across early stage startups and larger at-scale organizations. You have a particular strength in supporting rapidly scaling, performance-based cultures.
- You’ve recruited and managed a high-performance People team but are happy to roll up your sleeves and be a hands-on contributor to start.
- Thorough understanding of relevant employment laws and regulations and how to practically apply them in the workplace. Beyond just legality, though, you will act as a true advocate of employee safety and security in a fair, tolerant, and respect-driven workplace.
- Experience effectively fostering a diverse and inclusive culture.
- You’re an expert at synthesizing and crafting compelling employee value propositions and ensuring they are lived on a daily basis.
- You bring effective collaboration from the tactical to strategic, capable of leading major initiatives or offering support and consultation.
- You’re able to make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.