Wheel is powering virtual care. We are a healthcare technology company bringing together both the tech infrastructure and the clinicians to power many of the industry’s leading telehealth services. By enabling more companies and clinicians to participate in virtual care, Wheel is helping to connect patients to the best care for their health needs.
We’re a hybrid-remote company with a hub in Austin, Texas, and we are proud to have been recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work and Best Small Company to Work For. Wheel is backed by top investors; Lightspeed Venture Partners, CRV, Tusk Ventures, and Silverton Partners. We’re looking for new Wheelies who share a passion for making a positive difference in healthcare and feel connected to our core values.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
- Lead Wheel’s sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing strategies to attract and hire strong, diverse talent
- Build, develop, and inspire a talent acquisition team that includes full-life cycle recruiting, sourcing, and recruiting operations
- Drive diversity, equity, and inclusion at every stage of the hiring process with the recruitment team and hiring managers
- Create the infrastructure to support and scale Wheel’s recruiting strategy, deliver a memorable candidate experience, and meet aggressive hiring targets
- Develop programs and initiatives to strengthen interviewing skills across the business, build Wheel’s employer brand in the market, optimize the Employer Referral program, and more
- Define KPIs, metrics, and reporting methodologies to track progress including: time to fill, candidate to hire ratio, and hiring quality
- Partner closely across the People Team and cross-functional teams to understand talent needs and hiring goals, both immediate and longer term
- 8+ years full-life cycle recruiting experience, with at least 3+ years experience at a startup to high-growth tech company
- 4+ years of direct people management, including full lifecycle recruiters and sourcers
- Demonstrated ability to define key recruiting metrics, measure and communicate progress, and pivot accordingly
- Experience building a recruiting infrastructure, including processes and tools Knowledge and direct experience with recruiting tools and platforms to identify and connect with candidates
- Excellent communication skills and relationship builder
- Can develop trusting relationships quickly and communicate effectively cross-functionally, both with direct reports and senior leadership
- Intellectually agile: capable of envisioning the big picture while also successfully able to define the tactics to get there and execute
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description