Head of Talent Acquisition at A Cloud Guru
STRATEGY | LEADERSHIP | INTEGRITY
A Cloud Guru's purpose is to set people up to do remarkable things and to build a better tomorrow. We are the #1 builder of diverse tech careers in the world, and helping people achieve brighter futures is part of our DNA! As we embark on our next stage of growth, our Head of Talent Acquisition will build out a world-class talent acquisition organization, and ultimately allow us to further help the world do remarkable things. We view Talent Acquisition as a marathon that requires fearless aspirations for the future, but also requires measurable actions for the present.
The Head of Talent Acquisition will promote a culture of inclusion throughout the recruitment process. They will create and evolve the talent acquisition team's organizational design, help set ambitious goals and drive productivity. The right person for our team is a fearless leader, metrics-driven, widely creative and a tremendous coach. If this sounds like you, please read on and apply below!Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud skills development platform on the planet. At ACG, you have the chance to help people change the trajectory of their lives. The chance to help businesses stay in business. The chance to teach the WORLD to cloud, all while working some magic for your own career along the way. Every department fuels this awesomeness, because we know that the way we treat each other internally reflects outside of our walls.
There aren't many company cultures like A Cloud Guru's in the world. This year, we were awarded the #1 Place to work in Austin, as well as Best Company Culture and Best Companies for Diversity.What makes the People & Culture team awesome...
We have pulled together the most empathetic, down-to-earth, “people people” across the globe to create a dream team of culture creators. This isn’t a job for us, it’s a passion. We care about making people's lives a better place, and we get the chance to do that daily in our own unique ways. Our people teams make sure the quirky and awesome culture that we’ve created never dies by providing the training, experiences, and processes that help people thrive.
The type of person that is successful at ACG is someone who can adapt to a fast paced atmosphere and is enthusiastic and passionate. Someone who loves to laugh and have fun while creating amazing experiences and making people smile - Tina, Hat Guru (And Employee Experience Lead)As the Head of Talent Acquisition at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Focus on proactive candidate sourcing to attract and retain a diverse pipeline of candidates for all positions.
- Lead the design, development and management of end to end talent acquisition practices including sourcing, talent branding, operations & analytics, university programs… and more!
- Address challenges that hinder progress of attracting and hiring underrepresented candidates.
- Care about diversity and inclusion and have an idea of the impact you have in the world.
- Build out the global team and invest in the TA team! Provide career development opportunities and empower Talent Acquisition team members to work autonomously. Develop the culture and best practices of the team, and champion Talent Acquisition as a core business practice throughout ACG.
- Create and execute against an outbound global Talent Acquisition strategy.
- Build a data-driven recruiting organization, developing recruiting metrics and analytics that provide insight, drive decision making, and measure ROI. Deliver creative, innovative recruitment strategies and recommendations based on exceptional data analysis and metrics-driven execution.
- Develop effective benchmarks and metrics for measuring and assessing DE&I TA program impact, team engagement, candidate experience and hiring effectiveness.
- Manage the headcount requisition approval process and optimize recruiter bandwidth with appropriate allocation of open requisitions.
- Partner with People & Culture to provide excellent strategic partnership and guidance, identify efficiencies and build strong operating systems on issues related to compensation, operations, on-boarding and the long-term success of candidates once they join ACG.
- Align domestic and international business needs with recruiting priorities, across all functions, to drive our growth strategically.
- Provide market/industry/competitive intelligence and candidate insights to influence and shape talent and workforce decisions. Advise leadership teams on trends in the business market, technology, and science of recruiting, providing guidance, consulting, and expertise around future recruitment programs and approaches.
- Provide thought leadership on topics of talent assessment and selection including validation, training, and compliance.
- Build and manage effective global training programs related to DE&I, unconscious bias, interviewing 101, all of which are designed to support global DE&I TA initiatives.
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in talent acquisition and experience driving metrics-driven talent initiatives, with a particular focus on DE&I
- 5+ years of being in a leadership role and managing technical and non-technical recruiting teams
- Strong track record of successfully building a large-scale global recruiting function for a high-growth company.
- Experience building and optimizing recruiting infrastructure (e.g., recruiting processes, budget and headcount management, tools)
- Deep focus on operations, systems, performance metrics, and data analytics
- Experience building and driving out a company-wide workforce planning model
- Experience in developing a successful recruitment strategy and plan, including approaches to increasing diversity
- Experience with efficient utilization of candidate sourcing tools and implementing technical screening tools into interview processes (HackerRank, Codility, etc.)
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Because even when your office is your living room, we all need time to unplug.
- Remotely awesome. Get $500 to level up your home office, monthly snack boxes, free Headspace access, weekly lunch funds, and $50 monthly for internet.
- Human connection. Get to know the Gurus with good times and get-togethers inspired by our values, virtual happy hours, lunchtime trivia, or a socially distanced drive-in movie.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
The A Cloud Guru team has grown a lot since it was just two brothers with a dream of teaching the world to cloud! We now employ gurus in 30 states of the USA as well as certain states in Australia and the UK. For the time being that’s as far as we can go. We won’t bore you with the details, but setting up the extra operations we would need to employ people in new states or countries is a little bit more expensive than replicating your database in another AZ, if you know what we mean. So as much as we would love to have staff in as many countries as we have students, we are only opening this role to applicants in areas we currently have operations.What’s the interview process like at ACG?
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.