HR Admin at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents and located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateHR Admin
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served. We’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the HR Admin, come in.
About This Role
As the HR Admin at AppSumo, you’ll support our Human Resources department and join a growing team dedicated to supporting our employees while keeping up-to-date on compliance procedures. This role will involve working optimally in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. If you’re a confident communicator who’s organized, detail-oriented, and people-focused, you’re exactly the kind of candidate we’re looking for!
On the day-to-day, you’ll:
- Help coordinate and execute payroll, compensation, benefits, and leave
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments
- Implement new hire orientation and employee recognition programs
- Work with the People Leadership on employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, disputes, and investigations
- Help maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, occupational health and safety laws, and recommended standard methodologies
- 3-5 years of hands-on, full cycle payroll processing experience
- Experience with benefits, onboarding, and departure processes
- Sophisticated abilities in Excel, Google Sheets, and ADP
- Ability to work both independently and collectively to accomplish operational goals
- Prowess in establishing new processes, providing appropriate documentation, and training others accordingly
- Passion for continuous improvement with an ability to spot inefficiencies and the changes needed to eliminate them
- High level of discretion and integrity, along with respect for confidentiality and personal tact
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the summer of 2021, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)