HR Business Partner
About the Role:
Come join one of 2019’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin where we’re making the lives of retailers simpler by automating the back office. We’re looking for an accomplished and confident HR Business Partner to join its US-based business operations team and be a key member of the US leadership team.
As the principal influencer on Culture and Employee Engagement, you will drive improvements and initiatives to ensure that we hire and retain “A”players, embrace diversity and inclusion, and that everyone has a fun, safe and great place to work, to reach their full potential.
There is opportunity to provide HR industry best practices and methodologies, to ensure that the right people are hired into the right roles, that managers are well informed and trained regarding HR policies, process and management competencies, and are appropriately advised on HR topics.
- Business Partner to the leadership team.
- Provide behavior and management skills, coaching and advice to the leadership team.
- Be the US subject matter expert on all HR related topics, points of employment law and industry best practice.
- Monitor the organization’s culture and values, promote employee engagement, make recommendations and promote activities which drive improvements and shape positive cultural change.
- Counsel and train managers regarding employee relations, managing absence, performance disciplinaries, grievances, sickness etc.
- Drive the development and administration of HR programs, procedures, and guidelines, that align the workforce to the strategic goals of the company and within regulations.
- Consult with leadership on employee performance issues and employee development opportunities. Develop the individual, as well as company plans, aligned with company goals.
- Proactively identify “at risk” employees and create advancement or succession plans to ensure continuity at all levels of the organization and retention of Top Talent.
- Work with Managers to help maintain job descriptions for all positions and update job requirements, aligned with grade and required role competencies.
- Create content and conduct training programs on compliance, employee conflict and performance management, effective hiring and line manager training.
- Collaborate with the UK operations team regarding the effective adoption of the BambooHR performance management system, including ensuring that every employee has quarterly goals, performance feedback and employee development plans.
- Manage, administer and make recommendations on US employee benefits and perks (including liaison with brokers, administration of those benefits, employee enrollment, onboarding and offboarding).
- Manage and deliver employee communications.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze results and provide feedback to managers.
- Advise leadership on employee communication and feedback mechanisms, through vehicles including company All Hands meetings, employee surveys, team and one-on-one meetings.
- Safeguard confidentiality of employee related information at all times.
- Continuous improvement projects and ad-hoc assignments, as assigned.
- Work closely with the Finance team and the 3rd Party Payroll Administration (payroll, tax, year end audit etc).
- Collaborate with UK Operations Team regarding Global HR related programs and initiatives.
- Manage Brightpearl’s US Hiring Playbook, ensuring that all hiring managers have been trained and adhere to the process and policies contained within, as well as industry best practice.
- Ensure that hiring needs are met and aligned with company strategy and annual budget and headcount plans.
- Manage the hiring process with hiring managers (may include resume screening, scheduling, conducting screening calls, attending interviews and providing timely feedback to candidates and/or recruitment agencies).
- Ensure that job descriptions are accurate and worded effectively to attract the right candidates, and advertise the role through appropriate channels.
- Source and engage active and passive talent.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for US.
- Work with Executives and team leaders to maintain a succession plan / bench for all departments.
- Drive employee referrals and social media presence, including assisting with positioning Brightpearl’s brand, culture and employer value proposition within the
- talent market.
- Provide direction and advice to the Leadership team on strategic and emerging hiring trends / best practices within the industry.
- Analyze job boards efficiency and forecast recruitment spend.
- At least 5 years experience in a HR partner role
- Proactive, enthusiastic team-player
- Influencing and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to quickly and proactively establish strong and trusting relationships with stakeholders, and work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels across the business to achieve company objectives.
- Uphold Brightpearl’s culture and values, being confident and possessing the moral courage to challenge behaviors and standards that are not aligned with our goals and ethos.
- Proven ability to coach and constructively challenge managers, and quickly establish yourself as a credible sounding board.
- Effective organizational skills, with a proven ability to prioritize and initiate.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Must be in Austin or willing to relocate and able to work in our downtown office
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2019
- Competitive compensation package: salary, stock options, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic, driven organization who believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with