HR Business Partner at Brightpearl
Come join one of 2021’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin. Brightpearl is the number one digital operations platform (DOP) for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
And that’s not all. Check out our perks and benefits to see what else we offer!About the Role
Our HR Business Partner works collaboratively with Executives and our People Managers to ensure that our business needs align with our hiring, retention and success strategies and that consistent high standards are met throughout the organization. Apply your HR expertise, business partnering skills and flair for bringing out the best in others, to deliver value-added service to management and employees that is aligned with the strategic goals. Our HR team is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and diving deep into daily operational HR tasks while keeping a keen eye on the breadth of HR needs and opportunities across the company.
There is opportunity to instill HR industry best practices and methodologies, to ensure that the right people are hired into the right roles, that managers are well informed and trained regarding HR policies, process and management competencies, and are appropriately advised on HR topics and that everyone at Brightpearl is offered appropriate support and opportunity to reach their full potential.You'll be one of the key players in continuing our success by keeping the employee experience and our culture top of mind as we grow. Your Day-to-Day
- Be a trusted advisor and business partner to the leadership, by linking the needs of the business to the success of individuals and teams;
- Manage, motivate and develop our, UK Business Partner, Employment Engagement Manager, Recruitment Specialist and Business Administrator to reach full potential and achieve goals;.
- Provide behavior and management skills coaching and advice to our people leaders. Counsel and train managers regarding employee relations, managing absence, performance counsiling, grievances, sickness etc;
- Be the US based subject matter expert on all HR related topics, points of employment law and industry best practice. Protect us from risks and help us optimize opportunities;
- Monitor the organization’s culture and values, promote employee engagement, inclusion and belonging, and make recommendations and promote activities that drive improvements and shape positive cultural change;
- Drive the development and administration of HR programs, procedures, and guidelines, that align the workforce to the strategic goals of the company and within regulations;
- Consult with leadership on employee performance issues and employee development opportunities. Develop the individual, as well as company plans, aligned with company goals;
- Proactively identify “at risk” employees and create advancement or succession plans to ensure continuity at all levels of the organization and retention of Top Talent;
- Work with managers to help maintain job descriptions for all positions and update job requirements, aligned with grade and required role competencies;
- Conduct training programs on compliance, employee conflict and performance management, effective hiring and line manager training;
- Manage, administer and make recommendations on US employee benefits and perks (including liaison with brokers, administration of those benefits, employee enrollment, onboarding and offboarding);
- Manage and deliver employee communications;
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze results and provide feedback to managers;
- Advise leadership on employee communication and feedback mechanisms, through vehicles including company All Hands meetings, employee surveys, team and one-on-one meetings;
- Safeguard confidentiality of employee related information at all times.
- Work closely with the Finance team and the 3rd Party Payroll Administration (payroll, tax, year end audit etc). Support any Immigration administration, as required;
- Collaborate with UK HROps Team regarding Global HR related programs and
- Ownership of strategic and continuous improvement projects and initiatives as required;
- Ensure that hiring needs are met and aligned with company strategy and annual budget and headcount plans;
- Partner with the internal Recruitment Specialist to create a smooth hiring process that attracts key talent into the business;
- Lead the on-boarding process for US based employees.
- At least 5 to 7 years experience in a HR partner role;
- Natural flair for building rapport quickly, putting people at ease and fostering trusted relationships, appreciating the value of helping our internal customers to achieve positive outcomes and positive engagement;
- Expertise and passion for figuring out a solution when faced with a new situation, and leaning into change for the better, balanced with the emotional intelligence to bring people in, listen and get everyone to the best answer quickly;
- Uphold Brightpearl’s culture and values, being confident and possessing the moral courage to challenge behaviors and standards that are not aligned with our goals and ethos;
- Operational effectiveness - proactive, highly organized and able to initiate based on the business needs that you identify, prioritize tasks, manage time effectively and hold self and others accountable to deliver on commitments;
- Tenacity to seek the way forward and find pragmatic solutions to problems, that deliver the right outcome for Brightpearl;
- Proven ability to coach and constructively challenge managers, and establish yourself as a credible sounding board;
- Adept at employing clear and engaging written, verbal and listening communication skills. Understand your audience and convey information in a clear and relatable way, at all levels across the organization.
- Able to manage change in a positive way, and in helping others to understand the rationale and buy in to the change.
Desirables or show us your potential to learn on the job
- We use BambooHR, Workable and G-Suite and can teach you if you’re not already familiar;
- Awareness of the software industry and our competition;
- We are growing rapidly. If you have successfully partnered in a company experiencing rapid growth and scale that would be an advantage but not essential.
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2021
- Competitive compensation package: salary, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays and Your Birthday
- We believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote friendly working practices.
- Right now, we’re all doing our part to flatten the curve by working from home, but whenever its safe to return to the office, we offer:
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work in downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic and inclusive organization
- We are Flexified!
- Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.