The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buyer with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
HR Coordinator must be able to operate in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment and align
with the needs of the People Operations department. The HR Coordinator is responsible for managing and administering services relating to records management, overseeing the HRIS platform, and on-boarding/off-boarding.
Areas of Ownership
- Good working knowledge of employment law and ensures consistency in delivery of all HR programs and policies
- Assists in the creation and updates of HR policies and processes.
- Responsible for the onboarding of new-hires that includes: Offer letters, email set-up, I9 compliance, benefits elections, direct deposit, W4, and policy acknowledgments
- Facilitates the onboarding and offboarding process of employees
- Coordinates benefit and 401(k) administration
- Provides written and verbal employment verifications
- Prepares and manages employee files and HRIS platform to make sure the company remains compliant with all relevant laws.
- Assist with the preparation of performance and merit reviews
- Assists recruiting team by sending follow-up emails at the end of the recruiting process and handles any new hire questions prior to the employee’s start date.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations for HR meetings and employee onboarding.
- Conducts background screenings for all prospective employees.
- Coordinates and sets up meetings and interviews requested by People Operations.
- Act as point of contact on issues regarding HR, Policy, Benefits and other related questions or concerns
- Assists with additional ad hoc projects as assigned by the People Operations department
The Ideal Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business management, or related field or Associate's degree with 1+year in a professional HR or Admin role required. (A degree may be substituted by 4+ years working in HR or Recruiting area)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport, trust and maximize relationships
- Excellent communication, both written and oral. Comfortable speaking and responding to people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume workload independently.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to the changing demands of business
- Excellent technology and organizational skills
- Sense of urgency
- Active Listening
- Relationship Building
- Self-Starter with Results Driven Approach
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Fast learner and is Coach-able
- A desire to learn and grow
The position requires prolonged standing or sitting and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Operates phones, computers, fax machines, copiers, and other office equipment.
Read Full Job Description