HR Generalist at Trace (Austin, TX)
Trace is a ground-breaking technology that automatically films and edits video into highlights for every player on the field. With Trace, players, parents, and coaches are delivered the edited highlights that matter to them, along with context to boost their development and make sports even more fun. Our experience is tailored to each athlete. Hundreds of thousands of athletes use Trace monthly, from National teams to kids just starting out their athletic journey. Teams include Barca Academy, FC Dallas Youth Soccer, NEFC, USYS National League and the list goes on and on!
At Trace we look for individuals who are passionate about sports or have played sports and understand how to work hard to achieve goals. We’re a collaborative team of top performers that thrive on healthy competition, we push each other individually so we can succeed collectively. We will challenge you to develop personally and professionally if you’re willing to learn, commit to our mission and be coachable. All of this while focusing on the sports market!
The People team is an integral part of Trace, as it keeps our team organized and prepared for game day. You’ll play a crucial role in assisting the steep growth goals of Trace, while continuing to encompass our company values.
How you’ll contribute:
- Be the day to day contact to our employees and managers answering any HR related questions such as onboarding, benefits, employment verifications, reporting changes, leaves, policies, and others.
- Assist our managers with performance management and employee relations issues with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Handle the employee pre-boarding and onboarding processes for new hires working in the office and remotely (welcome communications, calendar management, new hire orientation, new hire paperwork, ordering swag, and account provisioning).
- Lead and execute employee transitions (promotions, merit increases etc.) and offboarding (exit interviews, systems deactivation, etc.) activities in collaboration with managers.
- Manage people data systems (Paylocity, Lattice, Emtrain), ensuring a high level of data integrity, and proactively leverage people data to drive insights and actions to inform our People roadmap.
- Serve as primary contact for setting up employee email accounts, managing distribution lists and Slack.
- Serve as primary contact for inventory for new hires and office supplies/snacks.
- Organize quarterly employee events and ad hoc team events as needed.
- Partner with the Head of People to build out and improve HR processes and policies.
- Proactively audit systems, programs, and processes to ensure and maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment, benefits & leave laws and regulations
- Handle Ad Hoc projects in partnership with the Head of People.
Skills that will help you be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, HR, or related field.
- Proficient in Google Suite products (Google sheets, Drive, etc.), HRIS (preferably Paylocity), and Slack.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- You’ve built out successful systems and processes at a growing startup organization
- 4+ years HR generalist experience in a startup environment, including onboarding, employee relations, operations, and employee engagement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to provide guidance and support to all levels of the organization
- You thrive in an ever changing startup environment
- You take initiative and work efficiently
- You enjoy implementing systems and processes
- You’re an out of the box thinker and aren’t afraid to stand up for your ideas
- You are passionate, self motivated and have the demonstrated ability to take an idea to fruition without much direction
Trace is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.