At Lightspeed Systems, we’ve been dedicating ourselves to keeping students safe for over 20 years. Our software isn’t just a business, it’s our mission. Rooted in empowering others, getting stuff done, celebrating wins, and making a huge impact, our HR department is looking for an experienced HR Generalist to join our team. In this role, you’ll have responsibility for compliance, payroll, policies, benefits, development and recruiting - all to ultimately drive business success.
Always working to deliver outstanding employee experiences through projects and processes that seek to improve the employee lifecycle, our ideal person is highly motivated with a positive attitude, and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking, and emotional intelligence.
- Submittal of resume AND answering supplemental system questionnaire.
- Qualified candidates will be required, as part of the pre-screening process, be required to complete a two part assessment (total max time ~20 min)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You’ll be the dedicated People Ops POC for payroll related needs. Working closely with finance, you'll own all things payroll, ensuring it is processed accurately and timely - including ensuring we have current compensation information.
- Serve as the in-house benefits subject matter expert for all team members and serve as POC for providers. You'll ensure we have comprehensive payroll and benefits documentation for all team members.
- Support the logistics of our annual performance and compensation reviews. You'll also help in rolling out/improving training and professional development programs.
- You will manage employee files, new hire and termination documentation and ensure appropriate documentation is maintained throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Partner with managers to identify human resources issues or problems and provides support in finding solutions.
- Manage and maintain Time Clocking & Hours Tracking Systems including training and coaching employees and managers.
- Facilitate employee onboarding.
- Manage necessary data input, maintenance and reporting using applicable HR systems.
- Contribute to recruiting efforts, both internal and external.
- Conduct employee relations issues and investigations in a timely and professional manner.
- Work on special projects assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
- You’ll act as a company champion, providing customer service and ongoing support to all employees. Encourage and build positive employee relations.
- Administers various human resource plans, personnel policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner and in accordance with all applicable local, state and/or federal laws; assists in the maintenance of the employee handbook. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. You will also comply with all labor laws for the UK.
- In partnership with managers, responsible for the timely completion of all employee changes throughout the employee life cycle to include salary changes, promotions, transfers, terminations, and exit interviews.
- Prepare and file EEO-1 report, and maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Support employees and managers with ongoing strategic HR programs including performance management, talent review, personal development planning, etc.
- Provide ad hoc and standardized reporting as needed.
- Bachelors degree highly desired; additional years of experience and/or HR certification will be considered in lieu of education.
- 3-7 years of comprehensive and progressive experience in all human resources functions of payroll/compensation, benefits administration, recruitment, employee relations, total rewards, learning and development, brand/culture building, and policy/procedure development.
- Strong in-house recruitment background and able to manage high volume of vacancies within tight timeline ideal.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with all levels is required.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information and create scorecards and dashboards with relevant information to influence strategic planning, decision making, and meet department and company goals and objectives.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and people skills with the ability to work independently, within a team environment and with a diverse group of people at all levels of the company.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), ATS and HRIS experience.
- We're a lean team that wears a lot of hats. You know the value that's added from doing smaller tasks and, as such, you don’t see them as beneath you. You enjoy the challenge of tackling projects that you may not have previous experience in. You know how to get things done, you're scrappy, you're resourceful and you know how to roll with the punches as things can sometimes be ambiguous.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information is critical.
- Advanced knowledge of employment laws, policies and procedures, internal control guidelines and affirmative action requirements.
- Ability to work across disciplines to partner with other groups to lead the business to success
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
Education is undergoing a technology revolution with new devices and tools being added to the classroom every day and IT departments are responsible for keeping all this technology managed, safe and working. That is where we come in! Lightspeed Systems, ed-tech provider and leader in K-12 device filtering for almost 20 years, partners with schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.