The HR (People Operations) Generalist provides human resources consultation and guidance to assigned business unit managers and employees regarding performance management, employee relations, and interpretation and implementation of employment policies to ensure consistent application and compliance with all applicable policies. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, monitoring and engaging in activities related to onboarding, leaves of absences, accommodations and HR data integrity and analysis. The HR (People Operations) Generalist acts as the ‘customer-facing’ business partner to the leadership team and employee population of the assigned business unit and/or geographic area of responsibility.
What you’ll do:
- Oversees and participates in the on-boarding process with management to ensure orientation process is complete and continuously improves this experience for new hires
- Ensures proper maintenance of confidential employee information; HRIS data entry, maintenance, tracking new hire data and retention information.
- Collaborates with management team to identify and successfully address employee relations issues including performance plans, employee warnings including providing a resolution plan
- Assists with internal investigations as necessary in response to employee complaints
- Oversee FMLA/ADA/LOA practices, tracking and documentation of activities related to federal and state laws and regulations governing human resources practices including but not limited to the Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and Americans with Disabilities Act
- Coordinates with the payroll department to investigate and resolve payroll issues
- Remain updated on Human Resources trends and employment laws to ensure compliance with applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Cultivates a culture that emphasizes responsiveness, innovation, diversity and excellence.
- Assists with department related education/training, communication and awareness efforts. Supports implementation and training for new HR programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Assists with Open Enrollment, leveraging Benefits Specialists as needed.
- Hustle! We are a lean team, so be prepared to contribute to additional People Ops projects and culture initiatives as needed and bring energy to our Austin office!
- People Operations or Human Resources equivalent: 2-4 years
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred
- Experience with HR related trainings
- An engaging communicator with a knack for building relationships with the proven ability to build and maintain partnerships with management and employees at all levels.
- Action-oriented, with ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, handle adversity and frequent change, and balance workload and competing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, without daily direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn and navigate a Human Resource Information System. Knowledge of ADP data entry and reporting strongly preferred
- Customer-service focus and strong influencing skills. Must have demonstrated experience dealing successfully with internal customers.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.