RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world”. The Talent team at RigUp encompasses all things people. On this team, you can find Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, People Operations, Talent Development, Workplace Operations, Talent Brand, and Administration working cohesively to build and maintain the best team around. The focus of the Talent Team is to promote culture, growth, and efficiency while strengthening the RigUp team.
RigUp is hiring an HR Manager who will play a key role in the People function. The HR Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day resource for employees and be primarily responsible for maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations and ensuring risk mitigation. This role will provide excellent internal employee support and will be responsible for benefits and leave administration, compliance reporting, employee relations, and more to keep our HR operation running smoothly and to help support our 300+ employees.
An ideal candidate has a strong understanding of HR rules, procedures, and regulations and operates with a service mindset. This individual is also committed to action, has great attention to detail and is extremely organized. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Provide front-line support to employees and managers
- Assist employees with all benefits, payroll, and leave inquiries
- Ensure the organization is compliant with all applicable employment laws
- Organize, audit, and maintain employee files and administer I-9 records
- Process personnel actions and HR related matters including separations, new hire paperwork and reference checks
- Conduct exit interviews and 30/60/90 day check-ins
- Coordinate promotions and internal transfersAdminister benefits programs (health programs, 401(k), Open Enrollment, COBRA, etc.)
- Monitor government regulations, legislation and benefit trends
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in an HR Generalist role
- Strong knowledge of HR best practices including benefits, compensation, employment law, employee relations policies and procedures
- Strong sense of urgency and demonstrated ability to drive results
- Excellent priority-setting and time management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to successfully work under pressure, respond to shifting needs and manage multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!