The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
This position is a partner to the Human Resources team, and will guide them through a digital transformation. You will be the liaison between the People and our Engineering teams through this journey. You will be the subject matter expert on processes, data, understand our systems and their limitations, and find solutions to overcome these limits. You challenge the status quo, and do not accept the answer, “because it has always been this way”, while supporting executives in making difficult and complex decisions that enable MongoDB to hire and retain the best employees in the world. Through your work, you will be the trusted advisor on the evolution of our HR platforms, and establish a roadmap with both teams which addresses our most urgent needs along with the priority in which to address them. An ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of People Teams and the Talent space and is vested in building highly strategic and impactful solutions marrying technology with process.
- Serve as voice of the customer for People Partners and Operations
- Guide discussions with partners, and advise on product and process maturity, data sensitivity (such as GDPR), potential tradeoffs, scope creep and provide implementation options including crawl-walk-run phases
- Facilitate cross-functional discussions to gain consensus and drive the execution of products and features from inception through production rollout and support
- Document requirements, and SOPs for work to be undertaken by the Tech Ops Engineering teams, and develop user stories with different personas such as employees, super users and system administrators
- Collaborate with HRIS Engineering and other Tech Ops teams to prioritize work requests, assess the value against effort, and map the requests back to overarching HR Business or People Partner objectives to build scalable programs that support a stellar employee experience
- Document and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap for HRIS systems which spans compensation, recruiting, employee, learning and development and performance management
- Serve as user champion in engaging end users in driving system engagement in testing and rollout, through training and documentation of FAQs or internal playbooks
- Develop product metrics to evidence the degree of success of initiatives, assist with retrospective as needed to identify areas of continuous improvement
- Strong Human Resources operational expertise is a must, ideally with a breath of experience including human capital management, talent management and recruiting, learning and development, performance and growth, benefits, and HR compliance
- 5+ years of proven experience in an operations, product management, or consulting role responsible for driving HRIS service delivery
- Extensive knowledge of best-in-breed HRIS applications including but not limited to SuccessFactors, Greenhouse, Culture Amp, etc.
- Able to communicate optimally with both business stakeholder and engineering teams to conceptualize and sell ideas internally and attain mutually beneficial outcomes
- Experience integrating data across a plethora of system platforms, ability to define systems ownership, and ability to advise on the best methods for master data management
- Strong negotiation skills matched with a track record of sustained successful partnership with cross-functional teams
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously that have fluctuating requirements, and time-sensitive deadlines
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.