Human Resources Business Partner at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
About this role
The Business Partner is an ambassador of the Invitae culture and models our mission and its principles in everything we do with dedication, courage, and energy. If you are a creative, passionate, data-driven leader who shares our desire to create a fantastic place to work, this could be your dream job!
We are looking for an amazing people leader to join our Talent Operations Business Partner team. The Business partner is a critical resource to help us support the health and performance of teams at Invitae as we navigate the challenges and complexity of a fast-growing company. In this role, you will have cutting edge People Analytics and Business Intelligence tools at your disposal (we're actively engaged with academic groups in leading Business Schools to push the envelope on data-informed talent management). We are looking for someone who loves data, is excited by digging in to the inner workings of a highly complex business, and combines that with excellent people skills for a human-focused approach. We are looking for someone able to lead, but also happy to roll up their sleeves and get things done for the common good.
What we are looking for:
- Build trusted, credible and respectful relationships across Invitae
- Support leads in optimizing teams through performance management, coaching conversations, compensation strategies, and conflict resolution
- Work with us creating data-driven HR solutions. Use the relevant data to inform and create insights for decision-making and team performance.
- Monitor the “pulse” of employees and develop and execute on initiatives to ensure a high level of employee engagement and positive employee experience.
- Solve complex people challenges effectively on an individual and organizational level
- Align teams with organizational objectives; champion Invitae’s values and culture
- Develop and execute employee relations efforts; this will include planning and coaching leads to best practices
- Empower leads to build amazing teams
- Facilitate employee growth needs and recommend solutions.
- Partner with various HR teams, including Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, and L&D to deliver people programs that are relevant and aligned to business needs.
What we require from you:
- 5+ years of experience as an HR generalist dealing employee relations experience or related experience as a people leader
- Someone who loves metrics and digging into problems and able to come up with unique solutions
- Curious problem-solver with the ability to approach challenges with empathy and structured thinking
- Able to understand strategy and work with team leads to organize and manage the execution
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Able to manage change and resolve conflicts effectively
- Agile learner comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent follow-through, performance, judgment, and sense of humor
- Proven ability to work positively, collaboratively and professionally within teams and across the organization
- Strong business understanding and ability to translate business needs into strategy
- Able to embrace teammates from a wide range of diverse backgrounds
- Enjoy interacting at all levels of the organization
- Love solving people problems in practical scalable way
- Passion for helping teams celebrate their victories
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.