Human Resources Generalist at Invitae
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
About this role
Reporting to the Head of Talent Operations Business Partners (BPs), the generalist role will play a key role in creating and refining processes, data analysis, and partnering with BPs to support the analysis of team health. This role will work across the broader Talent Operations and Payroll teams to support data integrity. In this role, you will be supporting cutting edge People Analytics and Business Intelligence tools at your disposal (we're actively engaged with academic groups in leading Business Schools to push the envelope on data-informed talent management). We are looking for someone who loves data, is excited by digging into the inner workings of a highly complex business, and combines that with excellent people skills for a human-focused approach. We are looking for someone who is eager to roll up their sleeves and ask questions to help us in our continuous improvement.
What we are looking for:
- Partner with Business Partners (BPs) to ensure that the talent management system is up to date
- Support reporting requests that come through from the business, in partnership with the BP and Talent Operations Analytics teams
- Own the voluntary and involuntary exit experience that supports the smooth transition of our domestic and international teammates leaving the organization: including performing exit interviews, tracking and communicating trends to the BP team, etc.
- Build cross-functional relationships across the business to support data integrity efforts
What we require from you:
- 5+ years of Generalist experience with at least 2 years supporting administrative processes
- Ability to navigate difficult conversations with empathy
- Someone who loves metrics and digging into problems and able to come up with unique solutions
- Curious proactive problem-solver with the ability to approach challenges with empathy and structured thinking
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Agile learner comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent follow-through, performance, judgment, and sense of humor
- Proven ability to work positively, collaboratively and professionally within teams and across the organization
- Able to embrace teammates from a wide range of diverse backgrounds
- Passion for helping teams celebrate their victories
- Previous process improvement experience
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.