AptAmigo's mission is to build trust, one person, and one apartment at a time.
AptAmigo is rapidly disrupting the apartment locating industry. We've been able to bootstrap our way to over 5000% growth in the last three years and become the most reviewed apartment locating service in Chicago, Denver, and Atlanta, and we’re just getting started. Our goal is to be the best at what we do and we’re looking for highly motivated individuals to help us make that a reality.
Check out our About Us page to learn a little more about our team:
AptAmigo is looking for an exceptional leader to perform all the duties of an HR Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to directing and managing internal recruiters and onboarding managers. Employment training and initiatives, recruiting/applicant tracking, policy creation, and employee relations will also be under the scope of this role.
By joining our team at this time, you will be key to building a positive culture, building the AptAmigo brand, and scaling operations. You’ll also be assisting with the overall HR strategy for the company, and therefore helping us evolve.
This is what you will do:
Under the direction of the CEO, the Manager of HR performs a variety of administrative and technical functions for our 6 markets.
In areas of recruitment and hiring:
- Manage HR operations by screening, interviewing, and counseling applicants and existing employees as needed. Assist with creation of new training and/or onboarding materials, and train and shadow new recruiters.
- Keep job posts for roles up to date and assist with managing applicant sources and finding new sources of candidates.
- Track bonuses for recruiters and employees who refer clients or applicants.
- Ensure HR coordinators are focused on Touring Agent hiring needs based on individual market Touring Agent availability.
In the areas of training and onboarding:
- Assist CRO and COO with onboarding and training of new employees and internal promotions.
- Assist Onboarding Specialist as needed with email and user accounts creation.
- Conduct first-day onboarding with new hires when necessary.
In the areas of policy creation and employee relations:
- Guide management by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organizational values.
- Ensure company complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements including but not limited to state real estate licensing requirements.
- Develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching HR issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction.
- Conduct exit interviews and assist with off-boarding when necessary.
- Be a resource to leadership and employees for internal conflict and perform mediations, conflict resolution, and internal investigations when necessary.
- Assist with the creation of company initiatives and/or employee engagement and recognition programs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Passionate communicator -- You are excited about playing a key role in building a business in a broken industry. You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills. You can effectively explain complex information. You are highly computer literate.
- Creative problem-solver -- You like getting to the heart of an issue and you consistently lead by example.
- Time management superstar -- You don’t let the little things fall through the cracks and you have a proven track record of meeting (and beating) deadlines.
- Transparency -- It's our most important core value. You’ll always do right by your coworkers, customers, and partners.
- Intuitive -- You’re self-aware and have good instincts.
- Decisive -- You don’t shy away from making tough decisions.
- Friendliness -- You love building relationships and know they're built on empathy and trust.
- Adaptability -- You don't just come with problems, you bring solutions.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Any knowledge of the real estate industry and/or real estate licensing a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- At least two years of human resource management experience required
AptAmigo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and does not discriminate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, in connection with any aspect of employment at AptAmigo.