About the departmentWe are seeking an IT Business Partner, Human Resources to lead a variety of strategic systems initiatives within Cloudflare. The ITBP will serve as a “trusted advisor”, the strategic interface between HR and IT & Enterprise Engineering with the focus on business technology strategy development, solutions discovery, risk and service management. The ITBP will be the main technology functional expert on the Hire-To-Retire (H2R) Enterprise Process, having a holistic view of the end-to-end process from a systems of view. This means that while the role will primarily be a partner to the HR team, it would also have to partner with other functions, like finance, to ensure the overall H2R process operates effectively and cohesively. The ITBP will proactively share knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. The candidate will partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to define opportunities and identify and prioritize projects based on predefined criteria.
What you'll do
- Operates as the main point of contact for the HR team, representing IT and Enterprise Engineering in promoting enterprise systems, services and capabilities.
- Gathers business requirements and is able to translate to technical requirements across the H2R systems landscape.
- Provides consultation and support to HR departments and users and serves as the primary escalation path.
- Serves as the lead enabling the HR team to achieve their business objectives through the effective and efficient use of system technology.
- Responsible for the joint development and implementation of system solution portfolio and roadmaps.
- Jointly designs a long term vision of the H2R systems landscape, and facilitates decision making relating to trade-offs with and between systems in alignment with company goals.
- Ensures successful system introductions across the organization and with customers. ● Partners with internal and external stakeholders to identify multi-year system requirements and successfully navigate knowledge across technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborates with the IT Planning and Governance team on the intake process and prioritization of projects across the company.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Engineering, IT, and operations teams to ensure solutions fit in the overall system architecture.
- Acts as the key liaison across all functional areas: People System Operations, Payroll, cross-functional partners, IT and Enterprise Engineering, and external service and system partners.
- Jointly establishes business solution concepts and financial analysis.
- Leads HR system portfolio management from development to implementation, managing hire to retire plans, proactively anticipating gaps and overlaps within the portfolio.
- Oversees the launch of solutions and drives the positive impact on the organization.
- Manages release issues, risks, deployment requests and change requests to a given release, including release readiness, milestone, and business go/no-go reviews.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with HR corporate services and business processes ● Customer first attitude.
- Complex knowledge and deep understanding of HR operations and HR business processes.
- Experience in implementing technology to solve business problems.
- Business knowledge of HR functions and cycles (e.g. benefits, enrollments, hiring and recruitment, etc.).
- Experience with Workday is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills from strategically minded to resourcefulness in working through and with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences, and program manage multiple organizational interfaces and stakeholders.
- Independent self-starter with history of accountability of project timeline and results.
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to manage priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment.
- Highly organized and able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
Read Full Job Description