Junior Recruiter - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
A day in the life of a Junior Recruiter
We're looking for a Junior Recruiter with strong work ethic who understands and believes in the impact a good recruiting team can have on a business's success. The ideal candidate must understand it’s not about them; they will share credit, emphasize team over self and define success collectively rather than individually. You must be self-motivated, diligent, and are constantly thinking about the next step. You must also have good judgment and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and the impact of your words and actions.
Your essential duties will be to provide full life cycle recruiting across our organization. This position will report to the VP, Talent Acquisitions.
- Independently executes full-cycle recruitment solutions working closely with hiring managers to understand hiring needs, candidate profile and skill matching requirements.
- Conducts telephone pre-screening interviews and reference checks; schedules on-site interviews with candidates and selection officials; prepares and coordinates as necessary.
- Manages open requisitions including candidate pipeline management, requisition candidate and expense tracking.
- Sets and coordinates interviews for hiring managers and acts as main point of contact for all recruitment activities for the candidate.
- Act as a talent consultant to shape the future recruiting for the company.
- Provides “Red Carpet” service to all candidates ensuring they receive the necessary information as they navigate our selection process.
- Works closely with the VP, Talent Acquisitions and Hiring Managers to identify internal and external talent pools
- Participate in branding the company as a premium employer of choice in the marketplace.
- Works closely with selected candidates to complete post-offer activities such as employment verification's and on-boarding paperwork.
- Support hiring managers in identifying interview evaluation criteria and competencies; establish a consistent and valid candidate. assessment process
- Maintain applicant-tracking data and provide monthly/quarterly/annual ad-hoc reports as requested
- Builds recruiting resources by conducting research, cold calling passive talent, networking for referrals and using social media, such as LinkedIn and Facebook, to identify viable candidates;
- Works closely with hiring managers in the development of interviewing techniques to identify suitable candidates.
- Develops and prepares job vacancy announcements, drafts and places online advertisements.
- Develops and utilizes external applicant referral sources
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Special projects as assigned
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
What you’ll need to have
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 1 - 3 years of corporate recruiting and/or agency experience is required
- Multi-state recruiting experience is preferred
- Experience in residential or multi-family organizations preferred
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Excellent time management, prioritization and listening skills
- A strong understanding of sourcing techniques
- An eye for detail and strong intuition for culture fit while screening candidates
- Metrics-driven with a knack for compiling, interpreting, and communicating data
- IT / software development and financial services recruiting experience a plus
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad range of positions
- Solid experience with an applicant tracking system
- Clear understanding of the end to end recruitment life-cycle processes
Just a few other things you should know
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Limited Travel will be required.
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Read Full Job Description