As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Lead, Worker Relations that will be responsible for supporting the Workforce HR team by ensuring worker relations issues are resolved appropriately and timely. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is a people-first leader with both subject matter expertise in HR best practices and employee relations. The ideal candidate will combine his or her HR expertise with good judgment to guide the Worker Relations team to positive outcomes for our workforce.
Why Join us? Our Worker Experience team at Workrise is responsible for providing a safe and transparent experience for our workforce in the field.What you’ll be doing:
- Coach and mentor a team of Employee Relations Specialists as they manage investigations regarding HR escalations and our broader work environment
- Ensure investigations are completed in a timely manner with appropriate supporting documentation and solid recommendations for resolution
- Advocate for workers in the field by identifying common problems and areas of risk; and proposing solutions that benefit the worker experience
- Partner with the Legal and People teams to calibrate on our employee relations philosophy
- Partner with the Trust and Safety team to ensure reported hazards and safety issues are investigated and remediated in a timely manner
- Partner with the Training & Compliance team to operationalize harassment and discrimination prevention training in the field
- Champion HR best practices and identify sources of risk in the implementation of new operations processes and when iterating on existing processes
- Build feedback loops with sourcing, onboarding, and managers in the field to drive an improved worker experience while meeting local compliance requirements
- Working on additional tasks and projects as requested
- 5 years of progressive experience in HR
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Spanish language proficiency is not required, but is a plus
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!