Learning Partner, Leadership Development at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!About the roleWe are looking for a Learning Partner to drive leadership development for Cloudflare. This is a new role, reporting to the Head of Learning & Development (L&D).
A Little About You
You’re a seasoned professional who has built global leadership programs from the ground up. You’re driven to help leaders realize their full potential to enable their people to do their best work.
You know how to align enablement with company culture so the programs you build both address needs and resonate deeply. You care about results and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to get work done. You find your energy in high growth, fast paced environments. Your business acumen supports your work, you like data, and you’re seen as a consultative partner.
Leaders you’ve coached understand that the best outcomes they can achieve are a function of the effort they put in — and that doesn’t necessarily mean putting in more time. Your communication is clear and you tailor messages based on the audience. You use classroom learning and online delivery to enable “Aha!” moments, understanding that — for Cloudflare leaders — insights will drive actions.
At Cloudflare we value curiosity, empathy and getting stuff done. You just thought “that’s me!”
What You'll Do
You’ll work closely with the Head of L&D to set the strategy for leadership development and to build and deliver global programs at scale. This includes owning and evolving our current offerings and working with our People Team Business Partners to assess the evolving needs of our managers. Your success will reside in their success. Developing offerings to address their needs will be your focus. Initiatives will span all levels, roles, and geographies. Everything we do must scale and employ a global mindset. Your work — rooted in evidence — will also embrace the human element.
Experience You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years progressive experience in leadership development, organizational change, employee engagement, organizational design, and/or performance management
- Demonstrated experience owning leadership development end-to-end and managing large-scale programs with global reach; Navigating stakeholder interests for alignment and successful outcomes
- Experience assessing gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing leader-centric solutions, and evaluating the effectiveness of learning programs
- A strategic thinker with strong business acumen, you have an ability to prioritize effectively in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, and a bias to action in the face of ambiguity
- Dynamic facilitation, storytelling, and coaching, plus an ability to work well with leaders at all levels
- You are a skillful communicator, verbally in small and large groups, as well as written through emails or otherwise. That said, your favorite way to communicate, especially when the message may be difficult to receive, is face-to-face. You love working with people — you may also secretly love working with spreadsheets
- Experience building lasting relationships with influence; You work to understand where people are today to support their learning — then mentor and coach for high performance
- Subject matter expertise, applying research to solutions and experimenting for better outcomes; Entrepreneurial-minded to deliver original, high-impact solutions
- Strong analytical skills, applying both quantitative and qualitative methods; You collect and analyze data to understand needs; You use data and metrics to inform decisions and solutions
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to adapt, manage change, multiple projects, and vendors, where applicable, to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a related discipline: Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Instructional Design, or related experience; Certification and/or experience with various coaching tools and assessments (e.g., HBDI, 360, Hogan, etc.)
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected]lare.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.