Manager, Benefits and Compensation at Evernote
About the Role
You will be responsible for the overall philosophy, design, compliance and support for our Company's compensation and benefit programs. You will partner with the People Team and Finance Team on a variety of projects such as benefits program design, analysis, compliance, and implementation of new benefit programs and compensation programs. You will also be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of benefits information and policies on internal communication resources as well as researching and maintaining our company's pay system.
What you'll do
- Administer employee benefits programs which include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Research and understand current and upcoming competitive markets for employee pay and benefits.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory filings and updates, ERISA and HIPPA requirements, ACA mandates, audits and non-discrimination testing.
- Ensure that our pay rates are fair and equitable
- Partner with the benefits broker and vendor partners to ensure benefits programs are communicated effectively to employees.
- Responsible for ongoing administration around billing & purchase orders.
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Lead annual open enrollment.
- Support managers and the PeopleTeam in responding to compensation-related inquiries.
- Research and develop salary data for ranges not yet established, including data for international offices.
- Modify the company’s job architecture to align with Evernote's philosophy.
- Partner with recruiting on new hire compensation offers, mapping to internal and external market data
- Keep current on market trends, business challenges and priorities by gathering competitive market data and networking with industry peers.
- Proactively seek out and maintain a working knowledge of legislation that may affect compensation and benefit policies/practices, review trends, to develop recommendations and execute on changes and improvement.
What you have done
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience in compensation and benefits.
- Demonstrated understanding of regulations for compensation and benefits.
- Demonstrated skill in analytics and critical thinking
- Proficient skills with spreadsheets.
- Experience with the administration of compensation programs, including merit and bonuses.
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
Who you are
- You are a self starter, and are eager to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- You hold yourself accountable and deliver results.
- You constantly question what needs to be implemented and what needs to be revised.
- You are team oriented and will collaborate with others even if it is not your area of expertise.
- You have a sense of humor.
- You possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- You are detail oriented and accurate.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Evernote. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global Evernote Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.