Manager, Benefits & Payroll at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce ,named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Benefits & Payroll Manager to manage the company’s payroll and benefits administration. Under general direction from the Senior Director, Talent Acquisition & People Services, this position is responsible for managing all tasks necessary to accomplish BigCommerce’s payroll & benefits administration objectives. This position serves as the point of contact for benefits and related HR Policy execution.What You’ll Do:
- Assists in planning for eventual PEO benefit plan exit. Will administer employee insurance programs including life, disability, health insurance, employee savings plans that may include the company’s 401(k) plan, personal savings plans, and deferred compensation programs. Serves as the primary resource for employee questions regarding benefits.
- Ensure all stakeholders are current on benefits based compliance trends; update HR policies as needed. Ensure compliance of all programs including auditing enrollment, payroll deductions, leave administration, reporting, etc.
- Assist with open enrollment for employees; selection of plans, cost management strategies, build channels for employees to elect plans, develop communication campaigns to inform employees, and then update the HRIS/Payroll employee selections.
- Facilitate the Benefits new hire orientation session as part of the broader NHO program.
- Maintain Benefits portal on Company's intranet site, ensuring employees have access to the latest benefits information.
- Perform benefits and costs reporting and utilization analysis.
- Completes records, reporting, and other documentation required by federal, state, and provider rules, regulations, and policies.
- Manages the Payroll Specialist responsible for global payroll administration including hiring, performance management, coaching and development.
- Ensure proper execution of global payroll for approximately 800 employees (hourly, non-exempt, exempt, commissioned) in 4 separate payroll systems. Includes: Processing of employee changes, record maintenance, time and attendance system management, etc.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Provide audit support and ensure compliance with Company policy and Sarbanes-Oxley controls for all payroll runs.
- Execute administration of annual salary review process and audit cycle processes.
- Manage global immigration programs for new and existing employees by staying current on immigration changes and working with our Global Immigration Partners - track the progress and provide updates to all stakeholders.
- Manage short-term and long-term global mobility assignments administration.
- Evaluate and track effectiveness of Global Immigration Partners - make recommendations on necessary changes to process, procedure or vendor partnerships. Stay abreast of compliance issues.
- 5+ years Benefits & Payroll experience ideally in a high-tech, high-growth environment, global/multi-location experience preferred.
- 1+ years of management experience, preferably managing a payroll staff
- 1+ years of HR Immigration experience required
- CEBS Certification strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of benefits & payroll-related laws across the US, Australia, & United Kingdom.
- Solid knowledge of benefit plans, including HSA, FSA., 401k, medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and ADD/Life. Prior experience as an account liaison with a health insurance agency preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Federal and State regulatory laws in regards to Payroll, Benefits, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and ERISA.
- Experience with ADP, Bamboo HR & Timestar preferred.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company.
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
- Exceptional client relationship skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to synthesize data and develop insights.
- Advanced excel and powerpoint skills.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings