The Realtor.com Employee Relations (ER) team provides support, expertise, education and resources, enabling managers to expand capability, and improve employee performance and engagement. Our primary areas of expertise: Workplace Investigations; policy creation; compliance & risk training; severance agreements. As our team scales to align with the growth of the business, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Manager primarily passionate about compliance, policies and other employee relations issues.
The Manager, Employee Relations is a people manager role with individual contributor responsibilities working within a centralized ER function. This role will engage with senior management within HR and the business to provide direction and influence key partners about making decisions in keeping with our culture.
- Ensure compliance of company policies and practices by responding to inquiries regarding policy and procedure interpretation, and providing guidance to HRBPs and employees.
- Recommend revisions to policies and practices to align with best practice
- Stay abreast of market conditions and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Maintain the Employee Handbook to ensure it is up to date as well as policy governance
- Improve employee relations acumen by training and educating partners and clients on updates to policies and practices.
- Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HR Business Partners and Legal to work through the established process and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for ER inquiries.
- May serve as facilitator and apply interventions to resolve low risk employee disagreements, conflicts, or misunderstandings if needed.
- Manage individual cases and address big picture issues. Help determine the root cause and develop proactive strategies to effectively reduce undesirable activity and sustain positive results.
- Maintain required documentation, including intake and investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports.
- Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with HR Business Partner teams, and other internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- Participate in other functional work by leading and participating in related special projects, as applicable.
- Develop and deliver legally required compliance training.
- Working knowledge of the leave process and labor laws related to leaves
- Ten (10) years of broad HR Generalist knowledge and experience
- Five (5) years of experience as a people manager with direct reports.
- Experience working in a centralized ER model.
- Strong communication, presentation and executive writing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to inspire and influence others through change.
- Ability to quickly develop strong working relationships with partners.
- Adept at partner management based on facts and circumstances.
- Ability to build, create and implement, and engage in new service delivery approaches; possibly different from the status quo.
- Proven ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, multiple priorities and a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to operate/advise with empathy and in the "gray" areas. Adept comprehension of client motivations and business pain points; leverages inputs to influence key business choices.
- Independently creates and implements influence strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action that will advance mutual interest and business goals.
- Experience with centralizing employee relations within an organization is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a high volume, fast-paced environment - preferably in a high growth technology company.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies, practices, procedures and business plan; receives general oversight and minimal direction from Director, People Experience.
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Uses standard methodologies and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve delivery of services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance on day-to-day work and deliverables
*This role will be hybrid, must be based near one of our offices listed. Unfortunately, it will be unable to be 100% remote.
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.