RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams
exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the
world.” The Core Operations team at RigUp is hiring a Manager, Field HR who will be
responsible for building and driving people operations support for our Field employees.
Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has a strong understanding of
employee relations and employer compliance, with an eye for process improvement and
prioritization. In this role, you will be responsible for building scalable solutions in
support of a remote W-2 and 1099 workforce, including leading the team and leveraging
the tools needed to execute those solutions. Sound like you? Keep reading.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with internal teams to provide training and education for managers and employer representatives in the field
- Partner with the legal team to ensure the field is in compliance with federal, state and local law, including but not limited to: wage and hour, job classification, and required notices and communications
- Prioritize and triage employee relations issues in real time; ensure that disputes are properly investigated and that appropriate corrective action is taken
- Balance the need for standardization of employment policies across the business with the unique needs of each business line to provide the optimal employee experience
- Design and implement performance metrics, KPIs and dashboards for the Field HR team; partner with business lines to provide data insights regarding their people operations performance
- Execute scalable HR solutions that support our values to empower the people who power the world
- Communicate effectively in high pressure situations
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources, People Operations, Labor Relations and/or Compliance
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
- 3+ years of experience with working with a geographically distributed and/or field deployed workforce
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities
RigUp, a digital platform bringing modern workforce and vendor management to underserved industries, is one of the fastest growing companies in Austin. Founded in 2014, RigUp initially focused on the energy industry – empowering contract workers in oil and gas, solar, and wind to take home more pay for the same work, with better insurance and benefit options. The RigUp solution has expanded into equipment and vendor management, as well as on-demand, app-based service fulfillment, bringing cost savings and operational efficiencies to energy companies across the United States. Recent expansion will bring the RigUp platform to additional, energy-adjacent industries that rely on contract labor.
As a world-class employer, RigUp is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!