Manager, HR Business Partners
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Manager, HR Business Partners leads the team of HR Business Partners and Generalists based in Austin. In addition to management responsibilities, this is a strategic and hands-on role that will provide support to their internal client group(s). Reporting to the Senior Director of People & Culture, the Manager, HR Business Partners will play a key role in evolving the HR Business Partner model while also helping their client team leaders think strategically about people & culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the Austin HR Business Partner team including hiring, performance management, coaching and development
- Ensure all people policies, programs and processes are consistently carried-out by the Austin HR Business Partner team in adherence to global standards
- Ensure recommendations and courses of action by Austin HR Business Partners are legally compliant and establish a positive employer-employee relationship that is consistent with the system’s practice, policies and procedures
- Oversee Austin HR Business Partners work of and serve as initial escalation point on employee relations matters
- Contribute to development of team’s strategic goals and drive successful execution of goals by the team
- Evaluate, recommend and participate (at times taking lead) in ongoing development of People programs and processes
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and collaboration amongst the HR Business Partner team that allows for healthy debate, creative thinking, and team cohesion.
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Work with senior leadership to develop and implement HR plans and solutions in order to achieve strategic business initiatives and deliver results in line with our company values.
- Partner with leadership team to assess, design and deliver solutions needed to optimize talent and enhance effectiveness including, workforce planning, compensation, succession planning and performance management.
- Review and analyze business unit data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience
- Actively partner, coach & develop leadership team members, managers, and individuals. Provide management coaching to build leadership capabilities to address and resolve employee issues, ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests
- Monitor the “pulse” of employees and develop and execute on initiatives to ensure a high level of employee engagement & a positive employee experience
- Be the go to person for employee related questions for the CLIENT team on just about anything including local office policies, procedures, systems, benefits, compensation, leaves of absence, etc.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations when needed.
- Ensure all people operational and administrative activities for the CLIENT team are carried-out in adherence to global standards.
- Manage & lead internal communications to CLIENT team to ensure understanding of People programs
- Assist with onboarding new staff and acquainting them with the company practices, culture and business
- Partner with our recruiting team to ensure talent needs are met, high performing teams are sustained and to provide a positive and seamless candidate experience
- Maintain positive relationships with managers and employees to promote our culture of open communication
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience in Human Resources, preferably as HR Business Partner within the high-tech space, 2+ years supervisory experience
- HR Certification (i.e. SHRM-CP, PHR) preferred
- A well-rounded HR skill-set: knowledge of fundamental HR practices across ER, staffing, management practices, organizational effectiveness, compensation, and talent management.
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Exceptional communication, coaching, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong influencing skills leveraging business acumen, expertise and data.
- Facilitates change management while maintaining productive relationships with business partners, team and peers.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and the ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues. Experience in California law a plus
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.