Manager, Learning & Leadership Development – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst is searching for a Manager of Learning & Leadership to create employee centric learning programs that support best in class onboarding, digital field training, professional growth and executive leadership expansion. As the Manager of Learning & Leadership Development Manager you will help create and develop a culture of learning that delivers on-demand, in the field and or in the classroom learning. You will bring innovative learning solutions and instructional design to maximize the efficiency of our programs as we grow and scale, creating content and facilitating learning sessions. This role reports to the Director of Learning & Growth.
- Collaborates with HR Business Partners and key internal stakeholders to proactively identify learning needs and skill gaps that will support employee growth and leadership succession
- Design and implement adaptive learning solutions to develop talent and advance skills utilizing multiple learning modalities and strategies
- Be a creative driver behind the development of Amherst University, including the course catalog and learning curricula; inside of an energetic, fast paced environment that is hungry for learning opportunities
- Lead a team that develops and delivers field training using skillful application of adult learning theory
- Facilitate training and “train the trainer” sessions with internal client groups to effectively onboard new hires as we grow and scale
- Assist in the design, development, delivery, and measurement of leadership development events and workshops for leaders at various levels within the organization (e.g. emerging leaders, next generation, executives, etc.)
- Design and deploy assessment mechanisms to measure the impact of learning solutions; improve and iterate on existing solutions and processes
- Create learning tracks for all roles with defined paths of content, courses and objectives, accompanied by methodology to track progress and success
- Serve as a SME on learning and leadership development; researching current trends in learning and implementing best practices
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, Communications, Human Resources, Education or similar from an accredited university
- 7+ years of experience working in Human Resources; with 3+ years of experience in Instructional Design
- Experience delivering and scaling learning content that addresses specific needs for employee growth and leadership development programs
- A proven facilitator that enjoys being at the front of the classroom
- Experience creating content in multiple formats and tracking through a Learning Management System (Workday, SuccessFactors, Cornerstone, etc)
- Demonstrated examples where metrics and data were used to drive learning content & results
- Masters or PhD in Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology or Instructional Design preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
What We Offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.