Manager, People Administration
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Manager, People Administration leads the People Administration team based in Austin. In addition to management responsibilities, this is a strategic and hands-on role that will provide leadership to drive key strategic initiatives. Reporting to the Senior Director of People Operations & Talent Acquisition, the Manager, People Administration will play a key role in evolving People Administration in regards to compliance and governance.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the People Administration team including onboarding and offboarding of all employees and non-employees, leaves of absence, immigration, mobility programs, vendor management, records management, data management and benefits.
- Effectively lead and manage People Administration team in regards to performance, establishing priorities, career growth and day-to-day operational duties.
- Partner with other People Managers, as needed, to ensure strong collaboration
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and collaboration amongst the People Operations team that allows for healthy debate, creative thinking, and team cohesion.
Project Manager responsibilities:
- Lead and project management of People Administration transformation and optimization initiatives.
- Partner with leadership to assess, design, optimize, and deliver People Administration solutions needed to optimize records management, data management, and vendor management.
- Develop project plans, optimization models, process mapping, change management plans and measure success
- Be a Change Agent to effectively develop communication plans, assess impacts, create communications, and embrace stakeholder feedback
- Effectively collaborate with key project stakeholders, end users, People Technology peers, HRBPs, Talent Acquisition and the business as needed.
- Create executive summary reviews of initiative progress and updates
- Maintain positive relationships with managers and employees to promote our culture of open communication.
Who you are:
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources, preferably in HR Operations within the high-tech space, 3+ years’ supervisory experience.
- A well-rounded HR skill-set: knowledge of fundamental HR practices across HR policies, HCM data management, employee records management, vendor management, case management, and onboarding/offboarding practices.
- Extensive full life cycle project management experience including people, technology and process.
- Change agent mindset to effectively develop communication plans, assess impacts, create communications, and embrace stakeholder feedback
- Capability to apply discretion and sound judgment in managing complex processes, decisions and handling sensitive information.
- Strong influencing skills leveraging business acumen, expertise and data.
- Strong Powerpoint, Excel, Visio or Google Slides, Sheets, and Lucid Charts.
- Ability to work within compressed timeframes and embrace the sense of urgency, innovation and resourcefulness required in a fast-paced company
- Comfortable working hands-on to get things done and quickly shifting to complex strategy discussions.
- Can accomplish results and desired outcomes through formal and informal corporate structures.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.