Does pitching to and recruiting executives across a range of industries excite you? Are you motivated by targets to increase your earnings potential in a sales-like role? Are you comfortable making cold-calls? Do you have a do-what-it-takes work ethic?
GLG is seeking driven candidates for our Membership Recruiter position to join our fastest-growing team in Austin, TX.
Recruiters know how to make the right connections with the right people in a short time frame. They explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Councils – a base of 650,000 experts (Council Members). Our Council Members include business leaders, academics, and foremost subject matter specialists that share their insight to help our clients make better business decisions.
Recruiters will own the process of sourcing, connecting with, pitching to, and closing on new Council Members in this sales-like role. This can range from recruiting a needle-in-the-haystack expert in a few hours to recruiting a large number of professionals with a similar background over a few days.
You will learn to master an outreach workflow while developing business acumen, time-management, professionalism, and communication skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Sourcing, contacting and pitching to a high volume of custom experts for GLG’s client projects, using effective sales and recruiting techniques by phone and by email.
• Meeting and exceeding goals and metrics on multiple high-priority recruiting projects at any given time.
• Independently managing your Council Member recruiting pipeline from cold calling to pitching and closing.
• Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance and terms & conditions.
• Clearly articulating the GLG value proposition.
• Aligning with the Client Solutions team on urgent client requests, deadlines, and goals in tight time frames and short project life-cycles.
• Excelling in a fast-paced and competitive environment where performance is tracked and transparent.
• Working collaboratively in partnership with other GLG teammates to develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs .
• Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values.
An ideal candidate will have most of the following, along with a Bachelor's degree or higher:
• 1-3 years of experience in inside sales, recruiting, customer service, fundraising, campaigning, or contact center
• High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial quotas
• Confidence in making 50+ outbound cold calls per day
• Fearlessness and ability to professionally manage resistance and consistently close recruits
• Ability to quickly digest and implement feedback and coaching
• Strong problem-solving skills and hustle attitude
• Polished and persuasive verbal and written communication
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours (including evenings) outside of the traditional workday, as needed based on client needs
Compensation and benefits:
• Base salary + performance-based bonus
• 401k matching
• Health benefits
About GLG/Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.