Office & Community Manager, Austin at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Levelset is looking for a master coordinator to grow with our fast-paced and vibrant company. The position - Office & Community Manager, Austin, is an exciting one. We will rely on you to keep our Austin office running like clockwork and always be one step ahead of our needs. You’ll have daily variety, close interaction with the company's management team, and challenges that are a bit unorthodox to standard office manager roles.
The role of the Office & Community Manager, Austin, is critical to help Levelset continue this tradition by fostering an environment that truly is the best place to work. Our Office & Community Manager will act as a champion of the entire Austin team, make decisions based on our company core values, and curate a productive atmosphere that helps our team deliver on our purpose. At Levelset, we empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes payment paperwork simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid on time
We want you to apply for this job because this job interests you. The role of Office & Community Manager, Austin, is a role that requires an interest in operational and supportive roles, and accordingly, you should be experienced in and highly interested in such a role. If you decide to apply, please reply to this job posting and explain to us in 5-8 sentences why you would be an asset to Levelset and why you are the right person for this position.
Job Duties - A Real Jack-of-all-Trades:
Office Management: You will own the office rhythms that keep the company productive and organized. This includes the day-to-day management of the office including, ordering supplies and managing equipment for the Austin Office, arranging catering, managing office vendors (coffee vendor, cleaning crew, handyman, utilities, etc.), managing conference rooms, and a variety of ad hoc tasks like assisting with calendar appointments, parking, and travel arrangements.
Internal Community Management: Responsible for working on our Employee Experience Team to manage the internal community of team members at Levelset. This includes helping arrange company events and outings, assisting People Operations throughout the hiring process, hosting visiting speakers, and making arrangements for and setting up for company meetings and project team meetings. The Office & Community Manager, Austin, will act as a liaison between the team in Austin and our New Orleans counterparts.
External Community Management: The Levelset team would be considered our 'internal' community, and our customers, vendors, investors, and similar parties are all part of our 'external' community. The Office & Community Manager would be responsible for assisting our 'internal' team with the management of the external community. This includes assisting our: (i) Customer Success department with deliveries of gifts and reach out materials, arranging in-person and internet meeting opportunities; (ii) Sales department with deliveries of materials and items to prospects; (iii) Management team with interactions with vendors and investors; and (v) v) People Operations function acting as a point of contact for some candidates and office visitors.
What Should Be True About You:
- You are interested specifically in Support and/or Operational Roles, such as an Office Manager
- You have strong time and task management skills and expect to deliver your work on time every time.
- You love attention to detail and taking initiative to solve problems, no matter how big or small.
- You are resourceful and are happy to take direction or figure something out yourself.
- You want to be pushed and challenged in your work environment to be held accountable to high expectations.
- You are proficient with the Mac operating system, and providing basic setup for computers, video conferences, etc.
- You have 3+ years previous experience working full-time in an office environment.
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.