Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
We are looking for an experienced HR Ops Support to join our People Operations team at Atlassian to enhance manager and employee overall experience in partnership with our site HR People Partners. This role combines the perfect blend of HR generalist craft as well as deep AMER regional experience which are required in order to facilitate the success of both managers and employees by addressing inquiries related to employee experience policies, procedures and programs. The successful applicant will have the desire to tackle existing complex problems as well as a proactive approach to anticipating employee and manager experience related needs and applying a customer-centric and solution mindset to their everyday working style in order to objectively handle and prioritise those needs to be in line with global policy. This role requires the successful candidate to think globally while acting locally to ensure global consistency in everything we do.
The primary responsibility of the role will be to contribute and drive projects/initiatives in partnership with SDM/COEs and site HR PP. The role is aimed at providing resolution for the majority of HR Operational matters that arise on the ground while driving exceptional employee experience by remaining connected to the overall HR People Operations team goal which is making our process capable (meeting COE & business requirements), responsive (flexible and quick) and reliable (meeting all requirements consistently). HR Services include recruitment support, onboarding & offboarding, benefits & compensation support, performance reviews, learning and development services, reporting and analytics support and more.
You will be expected to challenge the status quo, proactively look for opportunities to improve our employee experience offerings on the ground in collaboration with the global People Operations team.
In this role:
- You will act as an initial point of contact for more than AMER employees for all HR operations-related questions. This means you will be taking on responsibility to ensure that employees and managers get the most effective resolution directly from you or with the help from Centers of Excellence (COE) OR the onsite HR PP.
- You will be required to apply judgment and make decisions to escalate to a COE or HR PP or SDM if the solution requires specialized knowledge.
- You will manage a broad variety of requests related to HR policies, procedures, tools (such as Workday) and different HR programs.
- You will handle higher employee inquiry volumes and broader generalist responsibilities by respecting deadlines, set SLAs and KPIs set for the role.
- You will act as a data integrity champion to ensure employee records are as up to date as possible. This may include running data audits, contributing to AMER wide projects related to data integrity.
- You will generate insights about the process, procedure or internal working instructions where you see opportunities to streamline and gain greater customer satisfaction. You will extract those insights based on your day to day work with employees.
- You will collaborate with a broader HR People Operations team to share knowledge and build a world-class learning organization in a shared services space
- You will contribute to and drive local as well as AMER wide projects and initiatives which require good coordination, project managing and communication skills.
More about you:
- HR generalist skills (+2 years) including technical and administrative knowledge of all HR functions. Gained HR experience by working in an organisation with an established HR shared services model
- Hands-on experience in a field of employment law for at least a few European countries preferably UK, Ireland, Germany or France managing full employment cycle from on-boarding to off-boarding.
- This role requires someone comfortable working in a high volume; fast-paced, results-oriented environment and hold themselves to a very high customer service standard.
- Demonstrated operational abilities, and Process-oriented and able to maintain the accuracy of data in a fast-paced environment.
- Delivery-focused mindset, with the drive to solve complex problems through analytics and structured root-cause problem-solving.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative even in ambiguous circumstances.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to provide updates at all levels as well as the ability to tailor communications to suit a variety of audience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a constantly changing/ fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work within a global team environment
- Demonstrates successful track record in building sustainable relationships with all stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
It's great, but not required for you to have:
- BA/BS degree in business degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Workday or other HR Management systems
- Sound IT literacy skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to formulate tentative strategic decisions.
- Knowledge of Atlassian products/tools e.g. Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Trello
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.