Operations Lead, Workforce HR at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring an Operations Lead, Workforce HR that will be responsible for supporting the Workforce HR team by driving process improvements at scale. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is a people-first leader with both subject matter expertise in HR best practices in support of a geographically distributed workforce. The ideal candidate will combine his or her HR expertise with a strong operational skill set for driving change in high growth environments.
What you’ll be doing:
Why Join us? Our Worker Experience team at Workrise is responsible for providing a safe and transparent experience for our workforce in the field.
- Build a team of Operations Specialists and Senior Associates to support the day-to-day needs of our workforce in the skilled trades
- Attract and support talent on the Workforce HR team by mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Collaborate with Payroll, Total rewards, Compliance and Training, Legal, and Operations teams to drive process improvements in support of the worker experience
- Champion HR best practices and identify sources of risk in the implementation of new operations processes and when iterating on existing processes
- Support the Workforce HR team in completing reporting requests regarding workforce data, including but not limited to government filings (EEO surveys, BLS data) and internal requests
- Build feedback loops with sourcing, onboarding, and managers in the field to drive an improved worker experience while meeting local compliance requirements
- Direct data analysis including but not limited to worker retention and turnover, worker experience, responsiveness and time to resolution regarding HR support, and make recommendations for improvements based on your analysis
- Working on additional tasks and projects as requested
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience in Operations or HR
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Operations or HR
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel is required
- Prior experience with data visualization tools is preferred
- Spanish language proficiency is not required, but is a plus
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!