Payroll Administrator/HR Generalist at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
- Process bi-weekly payroll; Review and ensure accuracy of approved timesheets
- Ensure all people transactions, such as new hires, terminations, benefit changes and QLEs, garnishments, relocation payments, incentive payments, severance, leave program benefits and payments, employee master information changes, etc. are processed accurately and timely
- Coordinate efforts between human resources, finance and other departments to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, e.g. overtime, leave balances, headcount, and retirement contribution reports)
- Coordinate efforts between people operations and business partners for ongoing leave of absence transactions, leave of absence maintenance and return to work protocols; provide benefits invoices to people on long term leave
- Maintain people operations by reviewing changes for proper authorization and adherence to Bright’s policies including compliance with federal/state/local regulations
- Ensure the accuracy of ADP tax filings, including form 941 and state requirements
- Provide phenomenal employee experiences as the primary contact for benefits, leave programs, onboarding, and payroll information/questions/requests
- Manage and reconcile vendor invoices
- Complete payroll and 401k audits
- Associate Degree in Business Administration/Finance required, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Six (6) or more years in a Payroll Office performing all payroll functions
- Three (3) or more years administering employee benefits and leaves
- Master or Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience processing payroll using ADP and/or Workday preferred
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated attention to detail through strong delivery of quality work
- Comfort in working in ambiguous, fast paced, growing organizations
- Previous experience integrating newly acquired companies
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional problem-solving skills while remaining calm and customer-focused
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or other Payroll designation is preferred.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.